The Wonderful World of Petit Fours - Comments

  • Mogar.

    Mogar. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    @ rainbebez.tears.
    Thank you! It was actually a paper for my cake class in school. So I was forced to do a lot of research, but it was fun. It took DAYS to get this info, believe me, finding anything on Petite Fours is pretty hard.

    Oh, those pigeon sables sound really cool! Madeleine cookies are tricky sometimes, I hope they came out well for you :)
    July 21st, 2014 at 05:40pm
  • Shatterheart

    Shatterheart (140)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Goodness, this article certainly stirred the sweet tooth in me!!!

    Usually I think we all eat food without thinking about the origins or history of its creation. Clearly you did a great deal of research for this article! Most of these facts I didn't even know about, but they are quite interesting aren't they? I have tried a few of these treats and loved all the ones I’ve tried. I’ve even tried to back my own madeleine cookies in the past! And in Japan I know that there are these sables (‘hato sables’) that are in the shape of pigeons. I’m not sure if they are sold like this anywhere else but they are delicious.
    Oh geez, all this talk about delicious sweets and now I am hungry!
    Anyways, great article!! It was very informative and I enjoyed it very much!
    July 12th, 2014 at 03:53am