History Articles

  • The Olympians: Gods Of The Greek

    The Olympians: Gods Of The Greek

    Greek Mythology is a collection of many tales and stories about the Gods and the nature of the Universe, told by famous Greek poets: Homer, Hesiod, and Ovid. There are many Gods that were talked about in these tales. Among these Gods is a family of twelve, which are considered the most important of them all. They call themselves Olympians, residing in Mount Olympus, ruled by their king Zeus, Lord of the Skies, feasting on “Nectar” and “Ambrosia”, the godly drink and food.

    December 17th, 2009 at 12:10am

  • Freedom: Critical Thinkers of the French Revolution

    Freedom: Critical Thinkers of the French Revolution

    The French Revolution is one of the most known revolutions in the Earth’s history. Its progression from a bourgeoisie - led conflict to a proletariat civil war has induced many arguments about it and its core principles of liberty and an end to feudalism. However, it wasn’t merely French thinkers that saw this either as a disaster or as a chance to make their world better, British politicians and philosophers also saw this revolution as an echo of the English Civil War in 1688 and when the fighting in France began to be more bloodthirsty and embroiled in the lower classes, the Peasant’s Revolt.

    October 5th, 2009 at 01:44pm

  • Roanoke: The Lost Colony

    Roanoke: The Lost Colony

    Most everyone has heard of the lost colony Roanoke. No one knows what happened to the first British colony that went up in smoke. Here are theories on what happened to Roanoke and its people.

    September 20th, 2009 at 10:39pm

  • How Significant Was The Defeat Of Carthage For The Rise Of Rome?

    How Significant Was The Defeat Of Carthage For The Rise Of Rome?

    The mighty power of Carthage spanned the known world, with trading partners and subordinate allies across the Hellenistic world that had enabled it to create a huge empire based around trade and military dominance.

    July 28th, 2009 at 08:03pm

  • The Real Hiding Place

    The Real Hiding Place

    I'm sure that by now, lots of you have heard about the shooting at the Holocaust Museum, which took the life of Officer Stephen Tyrone Johns This recent news story made me think of a similar, yet not quite as tragic story.

    June 11th, 2009 at 03:34am

  • The Bombing Of Dresden

    The Bombing Of Dresden

    The bombing of Dresden is examined.

    May 23rd, 2009 at 12:50am

  • How Similar Are The Motives Behind Creating A Democracy In America And In Ancient Athens?

    How Similar Are The Motives Behind Creating A Democracy In America And In Ancient Athens?

    Democracy is when you are through with not being heard. It is when you realize that you want a free and equal representation of your peers and elders. No matter what you need to be heard. Your voice is important.

    May 17th, 2009 at 09:56pm

  • 70 Years Since I Saw Hell

    70 Years Since I Saw Hell

    69 years ago my Babcia Marja Andrszejewski nee. Zareba (Grandma Maria) was taken through Russia and all the way to Egypt. A "Journey through the greatest evil on earth" as Marja describes, it was truly a nightmare and devastating for all.

    March 21st, 2009 at 04:48am

  • We Never Learn

    We Never Learn

    In our rush to the future, we chop off the leaves of the weed which grows destruction, and too often forget the roots.

    February 27th, 2009 at 06:32am

  • Happy Mardi Gras!

    Happy Mardi Gras!

    Mardi Gras is celebrated on February 24 every year.

    February 25th, 2009 at 12:24am