Appeal of Love Triangles - Comments

  • xeniate

    xeniate (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    While these mechanisms can enhance the gaming infinite craft experience for some, they have also sparked controversies regarding their potential to promote gambling-like behaviors and exploit vulnerable individuals.
    March 1st, 2024 at 09:22am
  • timothyferriss

    timothyferriss (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Love triangles continue to captivate audiences due to their ability to evoke emotions, provide Spend Elon Musk Money escapism, explore complex relationships, offer choice and variety, and resonate with cultural and social influences. While individual preferences and interpretations may vary, love triangles remain a compelling and enduring trope in storytelling.
    February 29th, 2024 at 07:44am
  • Allenwood

    Allenwood (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    CompTIA CV0-004 Questions Answers refer to a set of materials designed to prepare individuals for the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam (CV0-004). These questions and answers are specifically crafted to cover the key topics and concepts assessed in the exam. The CompTIA Cloud+ certification validates the skills and knowledge required for IT professionals working in cloud environments.

    The CV0-004 Questions Answers typically include a comprehensive collection of practice questions and detailed answers, allowing candidates to familiarize themselves with the exam format and content. These resources aim to enhance understanding of cloud computing principles, virtualization, infrastructure, security, and troubleshooting. Aspirants can use them as a valuable tool for self-assessment and to identify areas where additional study may be needed.

    By utilizing CompTIA CV0-004 Questions Answers, individuals can increase their confidence and readiness for the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam, ultimately improving their chances of success in achieving this widely recognized CompTIA certification in the field of cloud computing.
    February 20th, 2024 at 08:24am
  • rebeccastafford

    rebeccastafford (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Viet Nam
    Thank you for your useful information international arbitration. They can help my rooftop snipers to solve my issues.
    October 18th, 2023 at 11:56am
  • Aidell

    Aidell (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    The game Terraria also includes a tutorial and extensive in-game aid, which enables players to quickly grasp the game basics and get started on their journey. In addition, the sandbox style of the game permits a great deal of freedom and creativity, making it approachable and fun for players of varying skill levels.
    February 1st, 2023 at 05:51am
  • astro velvet.

    astro velvet. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    United States
    I think love triangles work to add drama/conflict in the story. Back in some of my older fics, I had some love triangles. Like I'd have Person A and B be the main ship and have C be interested in A to have it be conflict in the story. But for me, it was a love triangle but not like the example you have of Edward/Bella/Jacob. For me, it was just put obstacle for Person A and B's slow built relationship. I've noticed sometimes (although maybe it depends on the fandoms I read for lol), I enjoy reading love triangle reader insert fan fiction just because I was never someone that dated and I think it just filled the void a little bit of being desired lol.
    April 18th, 2021 at 09:29pm
  • warmaiden

    warmaiden (6085)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2015
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    super neat article, even though i hate love triangles. & that's not to say that i always hated them. when i first got into writing as some naive twelve year old who was also a victim of bullying, overall hated by people @ school, & isolated, i wrote thousands of love triangles w/ the main oc based off my personality. so the typical shenanigan of course w/ one boy being a goodie two shoes while the other is your super hot biker bad boy.

    i'll say that drama in the sense of self-writing usually - for me - meant that i was missing something in my life & i filled that void w/ senseless shit that was far from realistic or even something that i could relate to. but it was the high of imagination where i could daydream about that where it's like "yes, i love this."

    come a few years later when im like "-.-" bc #pessimisticvibes & #cynicalviews, i've obviously come to loathe love triangles & avoid anything w/ them in it, but can understand why people are so intrigued by it.
    June 30th, 2016 at 09:47pm
  • HikiiChii

    HikiiChii (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Self consciously, I've always been thinking why another love triangle book?!?! And now I get the answer! That is a pretty smart conclusion I mainly think it's just for drama
    August 5th, 2012 at 08:20am
  • NOL668

    NOL668 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I’m writing a love triangle at the moment. But it’s not so obvious? I have a girl who likes boy1 but boy1 has no interest in her (doesn’t even realize she likes him) meanwhile boy2 who thought he didn’t even like the girl is starting to get to know her and really like her. He also notices that she likes boy1, which is his brother. The pieces will fall together as I finish my story. It’s in space, if that makes it any better. My sci-fi is, “No Ordinary Life” (still working on a better title name). And if you think human/alien dating isn’t right… well.. think Dr. Who. Who doesn’t want David Tennant? (Or Matt Smith.. or the other dudes.)
    July 9th, 2012 at 12:23am
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I agree! I like the idea of there being someone to fall back on. I noticed that the two characters are normally polar opposites such as Damon and Stefan or Edward and Jacob. One is the brooding and dangerous type, one for an adventure and the other is sweet and kind and dependable. I personally prefer the dangerous and adventurous type, but there are plenty of girls who like the opposite and that's why love triangles are so clever. They have something for everyone.

    It's also where I think the Hunger Games differs from the conventional love triangle. It isn't really clear cut who is the dangerous or adventurous one and who is the dependable one because both Peeta and Gale have elements of both, which I think made for a great triangle. More realistic as well! (More of a Gale fan myself!) but it just wasn't clear cut good and evil type thing.

    I loved you article though, it really got me thinking and it was very well written.
    July 7th, 2012 at 04:50am
  • orange county.

    orange county. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This was a great article; it was so true. And it's not just in literature, One Tree Hill had a love triangle lasting about four seasons and (though others would disagree) it had me hooked. Watching your favourite compete, and getting behind them, makes you feel more like you're part of the story and it gives you something to discuss with others.
    July 6th, 2012 at 02:26am
  • solo sunrise

    solo sunrise (260)

    :
    Bibliophile
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Neutral Zone
    Very good article. I could never figure out why everyone liked love triangles so much. Each to their own, I guess. This article cleared it up a little for me.
    July 6th, 2012 at 01:00am
  • katze

    katze (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Not everyone writes fan-fiction.
    July 5th, 2012 at 11:37pm
  • Albluerose

    Albluerose (205)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I for one enjoy love triangles in a story, Its different and fun. It gets you thinking and also helped the writer with your opinion. I am and writing a Stiles/Derek/OC love triangle. Angel loves them and they love her.You made a very good point with this article.
    July 5th, 2012 at 07:29pm
  • River Young;

    River Young; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Belgium
    Ha, this makes so much sense! I never thought of it as a way to pick sides. My own Harry Potter story--I only made it a love triangle because I couldn't decide which man to choose for my main character.

    I never considered the dimension that a love triangle could create for a story. Love the article!
    July 5th, 2012 at 03:18pm
  • amaranthine.

    amaranthine. (155)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I think this is a good point - that all readers like to pick a side. It sort of makes the story feel more...real, I think, because then you get people arguing that their favourite character is better than the other character.

    I also think love triangles are often used to add another dimension to the story. They're often used as a sub-plot - like in The Hunger Games, where the main plot is whether Katniss is going to survive the Games, and then whether they're going to have a revolution, but the sub-plot is the love triangle with Peeta and Gale. I guess this could be another reason why they're popular - they add another layer to the story's plot.
    July 5th, 2012 at 11:12am
  • second-hand smoke

    second-hand smoke (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I loved your article. I never thought about love triangles working simply because there's more characters to like in case the reader doesn't like one of them - someone to "fall back on," like you said. Maybe that's why the two men (or women) stuck in love triangles seem to always be polar opposites as far as personality (and sometimes looks) go.

    Just look at Edward and Jacob. Edward, the brooding, over-protective and responsible one. Jacob, the reckless, positive (although brooding at times), and dependable one. I think it all goes back to choosing between good and evil - the ultimate choice that even characters as far back as the Bible had to deal with. Maybe it isn't as obvious as Eve eating that damned piece of fruit, but it's definitely there.

    I always enjoy a good love triangle, because like you touched on, it feels good to pick and side, and read on, hoping your team is the one that wins in the end. Nice work!
    July 5th, 2012 at 10:00am
  • Garideth

    Garideth (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I never really considered that point of view on the subject, but I definitely see what you're saying. I'm not really a fan of love triangles and actually tend to go for the minor characters rather than the major characters (i. e., Jasper from Twilight, Finnick from Hunger Games, and Alaric from Vampire Diaries). I'm just not really big on the drama that a love triangle brings. However, I do see your point. Maybe now I can think about them in a different way than, "Oh, yay. More drama."
    July 5th, 2012 at 09:04am
  • the redhead's cho

    the redhead's cho (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I honestly never thought of it all that way, but you make a wonderful point. And a great argument for love triangles. Not that I necessarily agree with the drama of them myself, but the whole pull of the plot and of the idea of the struggle itself is much like any other bit of internal drama that you would have with a character.
    July 5th, 2012 at 08:46am
  • x1x1x1x1x1x11

    x1x1x1x1x1x11 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Canada
    Very true... very true...
    July 5th, 2012 at 07:33am