Incarceron

I am currently reading Incarceron by Catherine Fisher for the second time. Incarceron is about two different people one is outside of the Incarceron, the futuristic prison. The other is inside the Prison trying to escape. Claudia is the Warden of Incarceron's daughter. She is arranged to marry Caspar whom she hates. Finn is a cellborn, someone made from Incarceron, although he believes that he is originally from outside of the prison. Claudia helps Finn escape because she thinks that he is the prince that she was arranged to marry when she was a little kid.

The idea of the story is original and written very well. It makes you hate all the right people. It goes back and forth between Claudia's and Finn's points of view. You even to get to see from Jared's point of view every now and then. The villains of the story make the story worth reading. The Queen on the outside is the mother to the son that Claudia is supposed to marry. Incarceron is the villain on the inside making the whole journey for Finn a hard one.

The story has no romance in it which is nice for a change. The characters are strong and don't complain and whine whatsoever through the story. I'm actually glad that the story focuses on what's happening instead of having them focus on who is dating, falling in love, and what not.

There is one complaint about the story. The first part of the story is a little confusing, and you have to push yourself through the story. Once you get past that part, it is simply hard to put down.

Latest articles