Global Warming: Truly Our Fault? - Comments

  • It doesnt exist cos the science dude in charge was lying so when ppl gave him money instead of of using it for global warming he used for other projects
    December 15th, 2009 at 04:11am
  • It's part of evolution isnt it?
    The Earth will keep changing.
    We weren't here when the Earth started, what makes us think we'll be there when it ends?
    Some people seem to think that the Earth is here for us but really it isn't.
    The human species could be wiped out by all of these changes and people think that that means the end for the world but what makes us think they're wont be an improved species after.

    Also we've developed over thousands of years so maybe we wont die out, maybe we'll adapt with the world. Maybe we'll change with the world.

    About the whole humans causing global warming thing, I'm sure we are putting pressure on the world. I think we should try not to adapt the world too much and cut down on pollution because that is not the world naturally changing.


    There's tons more I could write but then I'd be writing my own article so I'll leave it here.
    April 11th, 2009 at 04:44pm
  • I agree with your article completely. My environmental science teacher made us watch "An Inconvenient Truth" and then we had to write a 1 page reaction paper. I totally ripped Gore to shreds and provided counter-evidence, and I think I failed the paper for it ._. I hate my teacher...
    Nice article by the way!
    April 11th, 2009 at 03:58am
  • for all i know*
    March 19th, 2009 at 06:34pm
  • i kinda agree with Iago-Disco in that a bit more research/evidence might help with this article more.
    But as for the scientists disagreeing, well years ago everyone thought that we'd all die of global cooling. Then is became Global Warming. Now it's apparently Climate Change. I myself am not sure exactly what it is but who knows what we'll know later. so for i know it may not be our fault
    March 19th, 2009 at 05:00pm
  • i meant three years not one
    January 22nd, 2009 at 11:55pm
  • this is entirery true, this is the earth's cycle and has nothing to do with us. one volcanic eruption is equa to the pollution of all the cars in one city over the period of one year, scientist only say global warming becuase they have no other explination
    January 22nd, 2009 at 11:52pm
  • Good for you. I take it you've watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' and laughed at his misinterpretation of graphs?

    Thirty years ago, everyone was hyped up over global cooling. Now it's global warming. Thirty years form now, it'll be back to global cooling.
    January 2nd, 2009 at 05:52pm
  • FINALLY someone who agrees with me.
    But all this hype about global warming isn't all bad, it still freaks people out who then cut down on their own pollution, so im not really complaining.
    December 24th, 2008 at 01:48pm
  • You can't say that humans don't have some part in what's happening to our world. All the crap we're putting into the atmosphere and the fact that we only need more and more of it? We've got no control over Earth's natural process, but we can at least try and do something now that we know there's a problem.
    December 21st, 2008 at 03:26am
  • okay, to everyone, watch an inconvienient truth by Al Gore, he shows you the natural cycles of the world, predicted if you want to be picky, and then todays data, it most definitely is not part of the natural cycle, some people say its cows or paddy fields that are to blame, methane, the biggest green house gas, not our fault, it is, our overpopulation and greed is causing these industries to increase, and there have been no cataclysmic events that would be able to cause such changes as the previous shifts in global activity. id say though its not entirely our fault, it is completely our fault that global warming has gotten so far out of hand and is causing such a devastating toll on the world!
    December 6th, 2008 at 12:27pm
  • It's both. I think the earth is supposed to be naturally warming but we are increasing the temperature which is causing other weather conditions. It is our fault for throwing off the natural warming. But it is not entirely our fault for the warming.
    October 18th, 2008 at 05:44am
  • I think it's a bit of both. The earth naturally goes through heating and cooling periods. And (im not sure if this is completely true) apparently that although one of the poles is metling, the other one is actually freezing more, and getting bigger.
    We're just speeding up the heating a bit.
    October 12th, 2008 at 09:25pm
  • But it doesn't matter who's at fault, does it?

    Thought its most obviously tru that humans are making the Earth crumbling beneath their feet. It's true that the Earth is changing in a way that never have been before, rapidly. It's true that humans are loosing simple things which help us survive. It's true that now it's late to stop it completely, But will you please imagine, what will happen if we continue to waste are time in arguments like: "who exactly is causing it?" for another 50 years? Let's be more conscious. I'm tired of living in a world full of excuses.
    October 12th, 2008 at 10:51am
  • It is partially our fault. There is evidence that supports that. But there is evidence that supports natural climate change. So I think it's both in a way.
    October 11th, 2008 at 06:53pm
  • Ignore my last comment - there are errors >.> And I have edits. Haha.


    [i]I've been told that we've only been recording temperature for the last 100 years or so. But anyway, I agree with the article. xD[/i]
    ^ There are temperature records where I live that go back to 1868. That's more than 100 years.

    Anyway, it's both. The Earth has it's cycles. Back in the Middle Ages they had a period where it was really hot. It's time for another Ice Age, but humans are making the effects worse and making it happen faster. You can't say we aren't contributing. Look at the air pollution - that effects our climate.
    October 11th, 2008 at 06:15pm
  • It's both. The Earth has it's cycles. Back in the Middle Ages they had a period where it was really hat. It's time for another Ice Age, but humans are making the effects worse. You can't say we aren't contributing. Look at the air pollution - that effects our climate.
    October 11th, 2008 at 06:10pm
  • I agree with Kurtni; I believe it's both.

    I think that, yes, maybe the Earth is just going through it's natural cycle, but humans could be about 10% reason why it's happening this fast. I think it was going to happen sometimes probably, but humans are speeding up the process. So we should take more care.
    October 11th, 2008 at 01:30pm
  • I've been told that we've only been recording temperature for the last 100 years or so. But anyway, I agree with the article. xD
    October 11th, 2008 at 10:20am
  • I look at it this way:

    There is evidence to support natural climate change.

    There is evidence to support humans are contributing to climate change.

    Therefore, would it not be logical to assume that both are true together? That's not impossible, and I think some people are just so concerned with their idea being right, that they never look at the other side. The earth naturally goes through periods of heating and cooling, but it's also true that Green House gas emissions are out of control. While we may not be the only cause of Global Warming- we certainly contribute, and it would be in our best interest to do everything we can to avoid speeding up the process, wouldn't you say?
    October 11th, 2008 at 05:57am