Hunting and the Morality Contained in the Sport

Hunting and the Morality Contained in the Sport Hunting is a sport of killing animals. This is not the only reason people do it. Hunters eat and case their prize and feel good about it. Hunting is not a sport that everyone chooses. It is very trying at most times. It requires patience, respect for nature, and above all skill and judgment. I am here obviously representing the hunters' side and I will do my best in showing the views of the anti-hunter's groups.

Hunting is a very entertaining sport for a few reasons:

People enjoy hunting for the beauty of nature and witnessing animals in their natural habitats. When out in the field or woods (whatever place you choose to hunt) the hunter gets to see animals in their daily actions and witness how they live and the actions they choose to make. This makes hunting worth-while.

Hunting allows you to take a closer look at not only the animals, but also the nature around you that people seem to miss out on in their everyday lives. The hunter gets to see things such as the sunrise and sunset. For me, being Catholic, hunting is a chance for me to be thankful and marvel at the beautiful creation of God Himself. But even for those who are not Catholic or of any religion for that matter these sites are still amazing and wonderful to view.

Hunting and being out in the wilderness allows you to have some peaceful and quiet time to think about things in life, whether it be your problems, your sadness, or the happiness and blessings you have received in life so far.

Hunting is very fun and adrenaline filled when you see an animal and take a good clean shot at it. When you have done that you feel great and then you get to see if you have killed the animal or missed it. If you have killed it, you get to enjoy the meat of that animal in different foods and case your trophy. By this I mean getting your duck, goose, deer, etc. mounted. When the hunter gets to mount his animal, he gets to show off his prowess in the sport of hunting.

Now, here are the views of many animal activists:

Hunting is a disrespect to nature and the animal itself.

Hunting and killing off innocent animals is wrong and immoral.

Hunting can ruin the different environments and habitats of animal and certain areas by the overkilling of certain animals.

Hunters do not respect the laws of guns and the limit of killing, therefore hunting and guns should be banned and heavily enforced.

Some activists believe that guns themselves are immoral and think people should not be allowed to use or own them, even when it comes to the point of self-defense.

Now hunters that do not follow the rules and requirements of hunting and guns are very disrespectful to the animals and nature itself. These people are the ones that bring a bad name to hunters and the sport of hunting in general. Not all hunters are like this though. Hunters are usually very respectful to the animal and nature and try their best to take care of nature by planting plants and making plots of crops in order to feed the wildlife of that area. Hunters also take care of the environment by killing animals believe it or not! This allows habitats and species of animals to not be so over-crowded. Hunters that abide by the laws and requirements of the sport do not take shots unless they are clean and 100% sure they can kill the animal in one clean shot rather than cruelly torturing the animal by maiming it. And after killing the animal a hunter uses all the parts possible of the animal in order to stray from putting the animal to waste.

I have written this article to show the people out there, that are against hunting, that it is not all that bad and that there are more reasons people hunt than just to kill. I know a girl who is a determined animal activist and strongly against hunting and hunters. She has shown me the view that some people hold against hunters and the sport of hunting. My main purpose for this article is to show that hunting is not as bad as it is made out to be. I hope this has changed some people's views of the sport and the people that participate in it and made them realize there is good that comes from this sport.

Latest articles