Catastrophic Cosmetics

Catastrophic Cosmetics Animal testing is not right. It never has been and it never will be. All over the world, people are testing cosmetics on animals in merciless ways, from experimenting on them, to testing cosmetics. Who is going to stand up against this?

These tests are being carried out across the globe; in universities and military camps for medical research, psychological research, product testing and military weaponry testing.

When people test products on animals there are many things that they do. They can test finished products such as lipsticks and foundations, individual ingredients and combining them both together to make a new product. This is inhuman, and yet certain companies claim that they do not test their products on animals whilst committing one of the above offences.

The cosmetic products that are used on these helpless beings are; lipsticks, eye shadows, sun screen and soaps. The animals that are being tested on are cats, dogs, horses, chickens, monkeys, cows, sheep, mice, rats, and guinea pigs. The spiteful actions that these heartless people are undertaking are burning them, isolation, mutilation and starvation. The aftermath is devastating, for these poor animals are left with brain damage, cancer and sometimes even missing body parts.

Anita Roddick founded the body shop in 1970 and it was one of the first shops to sell ‘vegetarian’ products (they are all natural and good for your body, face and your hair and do not endanger the lives of animals) and have a ‘no animal testing’ policy, and because of that The Body Shop has become successful all over the world.

From a survey that was undertaken; out of all the makeup companies out there, these ones do test their products on animals: Cover Girl, Max Factor, Neutrogena, L’Oreal, Clean and Clear, Maybelline, Garnier, Dove and Pantene.

But these companies, have the ‘bare essentials’: Flirt!, Revlon and Victoria's Secret.

And only two well known don't: Avon and The Body Shop.

Can you bear to wear a brand of makeup when you very well know that a monkey was tortured, maybe even killed to produce it... I didn’t thinks so.

Sources:

Testing cosmetics on Animals
Alv.org
ClearLeadInc.com

Latest articles