Vegetarian Logic - Comments

  • This is well written.

    Im A Vegetarian.

    Im Posting A Few Of My Own Articles On Vegetarians
    June 21st, 2009 at 06:26pm
  • If we eat the cows, the methane gas won't be produced by them anymore, and plants help the environment by being there and producing more oxygen. That's my arguement, but what can I say, I love cheeseburgers.

    Nonetheless, this is well-written, excepting your citing. (Reinhardt) does not need to be after each sentence from that source - just when you switch between sources, placed at the end of what need be cited. =)
    April 18th, 2009 at 06:06am
  • Yeah great article.. pretty accurate as well. The truth is animal agriculture has been one of the greatest contributers to the destruction of the natural world over the last couple of hundred years. The only reason people are cutting down the Amazon Rainforest is to provide more grazing land for american cattle farmers.
    Someone else already said it, but the other point is that if agricultural resources were used to grow fruit and vegatables we'd have far more food, probably enough to feed the 3rd world as well as the 1st.

    Someone further down talked about the damage pesticides and such do to the enviroment; and their right. Organic farming is the most sustainable method, and simply getting rid of meat is only half the solution; it's also important to use sustainable farming methods and to grow fruits and vegatbles in the seasons and climates they're suited to. that means no tomattoes when ever you want.
    But, on the other hand, it does mean that everyone can actually eat something, and that that something is sustainable

    Gabe
    April 13th, 2009 at 03:30pm
  • Meh. I'm gonna make the most of life and it won't be complete without the taste of meat. xD
    April 13th, 2009 at 09:20am
  • Although I eat meat and probably won't stop, this was still a well written and relatively convincing article.
    I agree though that your reasoning could go both ways (with small differences). Either way, definitely a good paper!
    April 13th, 2009 at 06:25am
  • This was really well written! Woot Vegetarians! ^_^
    April 13th, 2009 at 06:18am
  • A really loved this article. It was well-written, well-researched, and very persuading.
    April 13th, 2009 at 05:08am
  • All I know is that I couldn't go vegetarian even if I wanted to. I'm fatally allergic to nuts so if I don't eat meat, there is no way I can get any natural protein.

    Hey, power to ya, though.
    April 13th, 2009 at 04:20am
  • This was really really one-sided.

    What about all the harmful pesticides and insecticides that are used on crops? Those are basically killing our environment, too. And last I checked, produce (i.e. fruits, veggies, and the like) are shipped too. They give off the exact same amount of pollution. And while eating locally grown food is a nice idea, in overpopulated areas like New York, NY, thats not possible. Though it might be fresh, it still needs to be shipped, unless someone has a farm in their backyard in the middle of Manhattan, which [i]probably[/i] isn't happening.

    The facts you gave in this article can be used on both sides.
    April 13th, 2009 at 02:23am
  • nicely written :D
    April 13th, 2009 at 02:14am
  • There's the human ethics argument too: If everyone on the planet was a vegetarian, there would be enough food for everyone living on it, hence starvation would not be an issue and many 3rd world problems would be solved.

    If you're interested in protecting the environment, I suggest that you read Mark Watson's book: Crap At The Environment. This takes all arguments from an average British citizen's point of view and how many people would like to make a difference but find themselves falling down. It's also hilarious, but if you're American, you will have to excuse any snipes made about your country. No British person can resist the oportunity to make fun of the Americans. Sorry.
    April 12th, 2009 at 09:40pm
  • @Deathbat: Oh great, another person that assumes the environment= global warming; thanks a lot Al Gore! Obviously, if you read the article and knew something about the environment, you would know that there is much more to the planet than just the theory of global warming. There are things that people do to the environment in which have affected us. Based on your logic, the air we breathe will never be affected by the gases and smoke that is emitted into it and nature will always be in a good condition, even if oil is released into lakes which kill fish and factories slaughter animals whilst beating the shit out of our lungs. The environment is not just about what [i]might[/i] happen, but what is happening right [b]now[/b].
    April 12th, 2009 at 08:18pm
  • A very well-researched article. Good job. :D
    April 12th, 2009 at 06:11pm
  • [i]Eating locally grown foods, meat included, knocks out the extensive shipping and transportation that requires so many fossil fuels and releases so much pollution.[/i]

    I agree with that. It's more the [i]commercial[/i] farming of animals that damages the environment (and our health too in some cases). Of course, it's no longer viable to keep everything to family-managed farms either; there are just too many of us. The thing about meat farming that has always made me feel the sickest is that they keep animals like pigs in small enclosures, while most pigs are easily as intelligent as some breeds of dogs. And the pigs go mad.
    April 12th, 2009 at 01:10pm
  • Amazing article (:
    We just learnt about all this in PSHCE. It's not the primary reason that I'm vegetarian, but definitely shocked a lot of people in my class, many said they were going to try to eat less meat.
    April 12th, 2009 at 01:03pm
  • Not what my school teaches me ;/
    Later this year for agriculture I get to personally raise then kill a chicken.
    I have to do it ;/
    I guess it wouldn't hurt going veg for a day or two.
    I wouldn't become a vegetarian, EVER though.
    April 12th, 2009 at 12:35pm
  • This doesnt convince me one bit,I mean global warming is such a poor excuse these days,apparently by now wed all be flooded and have either burnt or froze to death.It just aint happening which makes Global warming a very unconvincing argument.

    So for now im going to stick to meat.
    April 12th, 2009 at 09:55am
  • Go veg!
    April 12th, 2009 at 08:11am
  • Wow great job putting everything together! :)

    Go Veg!
    April 12th, 2009 at 05:58am
  • I myself am very impressed with this collection of statistics that you have put together.
    Vegetarians for the win! :D
    I applaud you.
    April 12th, 2009 at 04:51am