True or False: The Bermuda Triangle

True or False: The Bermuda Triangle If you ever decide to sail out yourself, you have better avoid the Bermuda Triangle, roughly bounded by Miami, Bermuda and Puerto Rico. You're probably wondering what the Bermuda Triangle even is. Well, the Bermuda Triangle is an area where thousands of people have disappeared. Where hundreds of planes and ships have disappeared. Where everything that somehow gets within the triangle disappears. You're probably thinking right now, "What is this crazy girl on about?!" And yes, I do agree I sound a bit crazy - but everything I am saying is the TRUTH. Want some proof? Well, I'll give it to you.

One of the most famous disappearance cases is the one of Flight 19. Flight 19, which consisted of five bomber planes, was flying from an air station in Florida on it's way to Norfolk. The planes just happened to be flying through the Bermuda Triangle, when their compasses started malfunctioning. The sunny day slowly transformed into the night, a dark stormy complexion. The bombers were in trouble. What should they do, without reliable compasses and without good, clear weather? The Chief Pilot decided that as soon as fuel levels ran low, they would dive and land on the water. No problem, right? Well, the chief pilot did have his concerns. Even if the bomber was known for being a good sturdy model, it did weigh quite a bit. Well, maybe quite A LOT. Each plane weighed about 4000 kg, and there were chances that the planes could sink. There was also a chance they could die - and fate somehow chose this tragic path.

No wreckage or no pilots were ever found. It was as if nothing had ever happened! All fourteen men onboard were missing. Sea and Land rescue teams were searching everywhere, but no one found a single trace. The story isn't over yet, though. It does get worse, so be prepared.

One rescue plane, known as the 'flying gas tank', was searching, with thirteen passengers onboard. The particular model was nicknamed the above name since it could explode with one spark of fire! A ship in the distance had reported seeing a massive fireball. Later on, the plane could not be discovered, crew and all.

What could be causing these scary disappearance? There are too many theories to list! One of the most discussed theories is the one involving the Gulf Stream. The Gulf Stream is a 'river' of hot water that flows beneath the water's surface. You may remember watching it from the animated film 'Finding Nemo'. Do you remember when the turtles are being pushed by a current? Well, that is The Gulf Stream! Anyway, scientists believe that the stream could be pushing the bodies and wrecks away, even to another sea, since the Gulf Stream does go through the Bermuda Triangle. Those who are very superstitious believe that aliens have a base in that particular area and send out 'energies' to confuse passer-bys that come a little to close for comfort.

Aliens or not, the Bermuda Triangle still continues to confuse even the cleverest of scientists. Is it purely coincidence or is there a scientific explanation behind this weird phenomenon? We might never know.

Latest articles