Antarctica - Will It Survive To See Another Day?

Antarctica - Will It Survive To See Another Day? Do you think the future of Antarctica is bright or bleak?

Personally, I think that the future of Antarctica in this current world of high pollution and global warming is very bleak indeed. One of the biggest issues that is facing Antarctica currently is the rising global temperature because as you know Antarctica is roughly 98% ice.

With temperatures rising it means that the ice is going to melt and become water which links into the rising sea level. The sea level would rise roughly 65 meters, this would put lots of countries and parts of countries under water. Antarctica contains roughly 70% of the worlds water, this water is obviously fresh water and sea levels are rising as we speak due to the rising global temperature which seems to not only to be melting the South pole (Antarctica), but also the North pole.

Another element that I think contributes to the melting of the ice is that there is a hole in the o-zone layer which is unfortunately letting in harmful ultra violet light. This ultra violet light is melting the ice caps because it is getting trapped in the atmosphere and is heating the atmosphere up which is seriously harming the earth. With the ice melting that would leave hundreds of thousands of defenceless animals to the dangers of the water and they would all die out because it would be too warm for them and they would not have anywhere to go due to the ice now not existing except from in freezers.

It is very important to try and lower our carbon dioxide omissions so that we can help save these beautiful, rare and defenceless animals against the effects of our carbon rich lifestyles. A fact to support my previous points is that the scientists that travel to Antarctica have said that they have been studying Antarctica since 1830, looking back at the records it shows that Antarctica is being harmed much more than ever before.

Latest articles