Go Green

Go Green Plants not only provide us food, medicine, clothes, alternative fueling, decoration, peace of mind, musical instruments, building materials, fabric dyes, shampoo, paper, painting supplies, spots equipment, and cosmetics, but they also are also important to our environment. The study of the interaction between plants and the environment is called plant ecology.

The most important interaction between plants and environment is photosynthesis. Plants not only take away the carbon dioxide away from our air and create oxygen, but they create starch, sugar, and break apart water. Consumers, that’s us, use sugar and oxygen in aerobic respiration and produce carbon dioxide and water. Without plants, our air will be filled with carbon dioxide and we would die in a second we try to breathe new air in because there’s no plant to create oxygen.

Plants also provide organisms with inorganic nutrients. Plant’s roots provide nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and magnesium, which are all nutrients consumers need in the daily lives. Also, plants play a very important role in the continuous cycling of the Earth’s water, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and inorganic nutrients. Because of the plants contribution, our world is okay. And did you know, without plants our soil will deteriorate? Because of plant’s roots they hold the soil together and reduce the soil-eroding process from rain and wind.

Pollinators, like bees, help plants spread their pollen to grow to new areas and help our environment. The more plants there are, the healthier our Earth would be. There would less carbon dioxide, more oxygen. Global warming effects can be reverse because of the plant’s contribution to a normal continuation cycling of Earth’s water which contributes to rainfall. In order for pollinators to go to flowers or plants, the plants or flowers need to be modified. Their colors, smell, size, and shape must attract pollinators. This kind of interaction is PLANT-ANIMAL Interaction that contributes to the environment with the help of spreading plants around because of animals.

Some bacteria and fungi also play a role onto plants. Plant-fungi interaction can be harmful, but not all plant-fungi are deadly. Some plant-fungi help the plant. One kind of interaction is a fungus will go on a plant’s root and grow there. It doesn’t harm the plant but helps it. The root actually absorbs more water and inorganic nutrients - in return, the plant supplies the fungus some energy. Also, roots of plants have interactions with bacteria. Some bacteria can take nitrogen gas from the air and “fix” it or convert it to a form that plants can use.

So you see, plants are very, very important to the environment because of the many wonders plants do. Humans or animals are not only beneficiary, but Mother Nature as well. If we conserve major rainforests and plants altogether - we could have a much greener planet Earth and a healthy one as well.

Latest articles