Global Warming Getting Way Out Of Hand?

Global Warming Getting Way Out Of Hand? I think about 60% of what they say is absolutely true. The way we are treating the Earth definitely needs to improve, but to what extent?

My father and I talk about this quite a lot, because we both share the same opinions. He's almost completely against global warming, Al Gore's theory and that we need to change our ways so much. He's just like me in agreeing that we do need to buck up our ideas and stop pouring so much pollution on the atmosphere but he puts up a good argument against global warming.

They say that the Earth's temperatures are going to rise from between 1.1 degrees to 6.4 degrees in the 21st century. They say that the polar ice caps are going to melt and the sea levels are going to raise a metre or so and change the shape of the land that we know. They say that the increase of carbon dioxide is going affect how we live. But how much of this is actually correct?

The Earth has been changing, heating up and cooling down for longer then we have been alive. Anyone hear about a thing called the Ice Age? So lightly shown in the movies with the same title, yes, there were some cute, funny animals roaming around at that time but the fact that there was an Ice Age at all shows us how much the Earth hasn't really changed since then. There will always be periods of warming up and cooling down, that's just the way the Earth adapts and acclimatizes to the changes it goes through.

Yes, I do agree that factories that pour out gallons of harmful toxins into the air isn't exactly a great way to keep our planet clean and green, but when they're telling us that we're killing our planet and we have to fix it before the world ends is going a little bit too far and provoking a thing we like to call scare tactics. After watching Al Gore's, An Inconvenient Truth I do have to admit I was a little bit scared of what might happen to the Earth if we carry on in the way that we're going but so much mis-information was put into that movie it was hard to trust everything he says.

I think it's fantastic that there are people out there who are so passionate about helping out planet. I like the fact that they are increasing our awareness of how badly we sometimes treat out planet and making us realize that there are some things we really need to fix. But they're pouring money and resources down the toilet to fund big projects that stop the course of nature.

I watched a documentary on 20/20, a program that shows us New Zealander events that happen around the world, where rich computer program creator has now put his time and money into 'saving the planet' from Global Warming. He was talking about using thousands of 100 foot holes in the ocean to prevent hurricanes and a super long garden hose stretching up into the atmosphere to rid the planet of greenhouse gases, comparing the insanity of it all with the use of pills and injections to save people's lives from diseases. He said that it was crazy that one pill or injection could save someone's life and how one garden hose could save the whole planet. I had to admit it all sounded a little bit too crazy for me, and they're expending all this money into the ideas of some scientists.

I know that if it wasn't for scientists we wouldn't have great things like penicillin or light bulbs for that matter, but they're using millions of dollars on harebrain ideas when there are people in Africa and other third world countries dying of poverty and people cutting down rain forests to grow palm trees to replace oil and killing off animals. There are definitely more important things in the world at the moment than stopping a hurricane.

And who says that if they do end up stopping hurricanes that this won't effect the world in some other way and we'll all end up worse off then we were in the first place?

Trying to mess with nature is a very dangerous thing, and something that shouldn't be taken lightly. Have they all really considered what might happen if the world didn't have some greenhouse gases or if there weren't any hurricanes? For all we know that could cause the end of the world.

There are so many differing ideas on what we should do to save our planet, things like reducing the amount of plastic we make and use or turning the lights off when you leave the room are all smart ideas that will in turn help the Earth but is everything as bad as some people make it out to be?

Do we really need to change the course of nature? Or are there smaller, simpler things we can do instead? Please think about it carefully and do some research of your own before jumping to conclusions and thinking we're killing our planet.

Latest articles