'Big Freeze' Hint For Future? - Comments

  • I agree well since i live in a tropical island and we all starring to see some changes in a sorda wrong way some river are over floting and some of them like dissapiring really weird. Anyway love the article
    January 3rd, 2011 at 05:03am
  • Yet the sun has no sunspots, for the first time in all of recorded history, and sunspots are linked to Earth's climate. It's been 25,000 years since the last ice age, and there's going to be another one pretty soon-it's a fact of life.

    You mentioned your source was 'An Inconvenient Truth'. I have a few problems with that.

    One, the model Gore was using has since been proven to be false.

    Two, Gore is a BAD example to use if you want to support your argument. His house uses four times or more the amount of energy a normal American's house uses (compared with Bush's ranch house, which uses 1/4 the average power).

    Three, if you look at the graph in the movie and read what it says, then listen to what Gore is trying to tell you, they don't match.

    Four, Gore was trying to get famous in order to hype his political career.

    Five, Gore was trying to make a buck.

    Six, 'An Inconvenient Truth' is an extremely biased view and doesn't consider reasons for climate change that don't vilify humanity and corporations.

    Seven, 'An Inconvenient Truth' is a political indoctrination film and has been banned from being shown in parts of the world for that very reason.

    Eight, 'An Inconvenient Truth' has so many half-baked ideas and unsupported claims that the entire project is unreliable.

    Maybe post some other sources.
    February 9th, 2010 at 03:53am
  • Ah, I know the feeling. "How can it be global warming if it's freezing outside?". It kills you, especially if you get asked that whilst being in an AP Science class. You'd think we, as humans, would try to understand what's happening to our planet. No such luck, unfortunately.

    I think the article was fantastically written and extremely well informed. Whilst my knowledge of global warming isn't PhD standard, nor hopelessly simple, this article has given me a much more detailed insight and I often found myself nodding or shaking my head and sometimes even telling my comments to my laptop screen.

    As a firm believer in global warming and something of a journalism fanatic, I highly appraise this piece. Very well done :)
    January 31st, 2010 at 08:49pm
  • I think it's funny how nationalistic thinking that just because it's cold in Britain, the global warming simply must be a myth. Because what happens on a tiny island is /so/ representative for the global climate.
    January 14th, 2010 at 06:21am
  • Nice article, very well written.

    I myself am a firm believe in global warming. It's the cycle of earth.
    Earth isn't a human creation, therefore we cannot control it. Earth is a part of the galaxy, and like everything else out there in the galaxy, it will destroy itself and die.


    And that's just tough luck if you happen to be around for that to happen.
    January 9th, 2010 at 11:20pm
  • Sorrry, still not confinced. I still stick to what I've thought of before, it's going to happen anyway it doesn't matter what we do.
    people have had weather like this before and there was no outlook to global warming then, just because we're more aware now doesn't mean thats what it means now. Each to their own opinions I suppose.
    January 9th, 2010 at 04:21pm
  • I like to see the different views people have on global warming. Yours make sense, but it is not necessarily related to "Global Warming". Nature changes all the time; it's just the fact of life.

    I didn't like something you said though. You were talking about people not wanting to change their extravagant lifestyles. I suppose you mean things like driving cars that shoot up fumes into the atmosphere?

    Right. Now tell me...how much are YOU willing to sacrifice right now? If you give up all "extravagance" in your life, then you can talk. Don't be a hypocrite...I know that you wouldn't want to give up certain, harmful things in your own life. Your extravagance.
    January 8th, 2010 at 07:21pm
  • I live in Ireland and I'd like to point out that on the news the other night the first said we haven't had weather this bad in Ireland since 1963 [i think that was the year] and then in the second half of the news they started talking about global warming.
    Clearly a contradiction!
    I believe that what happened in the past, earth frozen, land sumerged under water etc., its going to happen again, because thats what happens in nature and in general life. Everything repeats itself. I think the term gobal warming is untrue, it's just going to submerge under water again like it did before.
    January 8th, 2010 at 05:07pm
  • Very good article.

    There's going to be a climate change anyway... There's nothing we can do beside trying not to quicken it.
    January 8th, 2010 at 10:10am
  • We've been having unusually warm weather in Romania though. With the exception of a few days earlier this week when the temperature was as low as -12C, I don't think the temperature during day ever went bellow -3C this winter. This morning's somewhere around 3C and there's almost no snow on the ground and no frost, though a lot patches of green grass and it keeps raining, apparently there are fronts of warm air coming from Africa. Early through mid January is usually the coldest time of the year here and we usually expect snow from late November until February and it only snowed three or four times this year.
    January 8th, 2010 at 09:20am
  • V in texas? i live in texas, but close to dfw, i dont even know the low today.

    anyway, this article was bias. you can tell not even 1/4 of the way in that it is.
    ive seen alot like that lately.
    January 8th, 2010 at 04:30am
  • it was -10 here in texas, wich is very unsual for the south. o_o
    January 8th, 2010 at 03:31am
  • It was -49 today, and that's an above average day here, in the winter.
    January 8th, 2010 at 12:26am
  • It's been -40 degrees (Fahrenheit/Celsius) in some parts of Norway today. Thankfully not where I live, but it's still bonkers. Where I live it varies from -16 to -27 celsius these days. /:
    January 7th, 2010 at 11:53pm
  • Agreed that your article's fantastic, and I'm just wondering, if 10C is a low for where you are, what's the temperature usually? See, I'm from Canada, haha, and 10C in the Winter would be just about magical for us. :p
    January 7th, 2010 at 11:29pm
  • This article was absolutely brill. But I kept having the same q
    uestion repeate over and over in my head. Is there a way to solve all this global
    warming? I personally think it may just be a cycle the earth goes through.
    January 7th, 2010 at 09:47pm
  • Well.. Humans survived the last few ices ages, I'm sure we can survive another one. Good article by the way.
    January 7th, 2010 at 08:14pm
  • its -19 here xD atd getting colder with winds
    January 7th, 2010 at 03:20pm
  • Wow, fantastic article! You really know your stuff...
    It's made me seriously think about the issue, and I now understand a lot more about the facts, and the consequences.
    Thank you :)
    January 7th, 2010 at 02:49pm
  • Oh, goodness. How thoughtful yet puzzling.


    It's 24 in Florida at the moment and we might get snow. D:
    January 7th, 2010 at 01:49pm