Global Warming? Global Nothing!

The ice-caps are melting! Good, that's the way they're supposed to be. Has this shocked you? I can tell you now, it certainly shocked me when I discovered this recent fact. Global warming has been tailing us for the past 10 years or so, and people are really starting to get worried. I'm not worried at all. I know I may be biased, but this subject has annoyed me so much that I must let it off my chest. Before I start, I'm not happy about the weakening animal races, and doing your bit for the environment is good, but I'm not happy about calling it a 'dangerous disaster'.

This is the source that motivated me to do this article, taken from a book called "100 Things You Didn't Know", and in it, it discussed the issue of global warming.

Did you know that we're in the middle of an ice age?

Yes, this fact is indeed reliable, and we've been in one for the past couple of thousand years or so. Let me explain; Antarctica and the North Pole are not naturally freezing Boreal regions. Thousands of years ago, there were no ice caps, the land was covered by thick green forest. This is the natural climate of the Arctic regions. But then the ice-age hit, and the green forests were replaced by white landscape.

This may be hard to believe, but it is also explained in a documentary based on penguins shown on the BBC about two years ago. One reason why the ice-caps might be melting now, is not because of fumes, but because of natural earth climate change. Yes, readers, we are actually heading out of an ice-age, rather then into one.

Another source I have for this article is an extract taken from an English Science magazine:

"One mild volcanic eruption equals to the amount of fumes released from all global cars in one year".

So, let's not be so hard on ourselves, the earth is the most dominant offender of climate change, us humans actually have a small impact compared to natural causes. I must stress that there are some complications with human climate change. The destroying of rainforest is criminal, and it does help if you save energy, but that's only for your own good. The only air in the world effected by your car's fumes is the air in your area, not the air above the North Pole.

Some issues to stop 'global warming', such as recycling, can be a money-making racket. I live in Ireland, and recycling has become a big thing here. Recently, I was appalled to discover that an investigation went into where the recycled material went. Most of the stuff you throw into the recycling bin is not recycled, because they found a large chunk of recyclable material buried under the earth in Northern Ireland, hidden secretly. All of this material had been discarded into recycling bins, which cost a lot more then normal bins, yet the rubbish was treated the same apart from a tiny percent.

And the most obvious fact I have yet to tell is, which I've already somewhat mentioned, is that the earth's climate is always changing. We have to be thankful we're not like Jupiter who has a solar storm screaming about its surface. The Earth's ocean currents change all the time, so do the wind currents, and gravitational pull, it's what keeps the Earth alive. Us humans aren't as important as we think, we really aren't causing an 'ice-age' and we won't be hit by mass floods drowning the earth anytime soon (hopefully).

I'm just going to say it, I think that the way media has gotten, we're just inflating a small thing to the max!

I know it's terrible that animal species are dying out, but so will humans someday. And where did the whole earth population of dinosaurs go? The Earth is a natural planet with natural changes, let it be.

Latest articles