What's Love Got To Do With It?

What's Love Got To Do With It? When someone mentions the word love, the first question that springs to my mind is; what is love when it’s on our doorstep?

For a long time now, I have sat back and pondered on the one word that could change a life, for better or for worse. In my past experiences, not of my own but of the people around me, love has caused a mixture of both good and bad feelings.

Of course, we all know that nothing is ever smooth sailing but when it comes down to love, does it ever have its ‘smooth’ parts as we believe it to?

In my own personal opinion, I believe love to be; as Tina described in one of her songs, a second hand emotion. Despite being a strong believer in a love for a family member or a friend, however strongly I may contradict myself, I think that love is somewhat of a fantasized emotion too.

First of all, how do we define love? What is it exactly? Each and every person feels ‘love’ differently. Be it a rushing heart beat when the person we most desire walks into the room, or a simple lyric that we write to express our feeling of admiration for that person; how do we know when it is love?

Another thing is, when our parents tell us that we are too young to understand what love is; is there ever going to be an age when we finally do? To be honest, love is that one emotion that is impossible to understand, so what does it matter about the age we are when we think we have found love?

Coming back to my point about love being a fantasized emotion, it is the one thing that wracks my brain every day. Do we just build ourselves up to believe we are in love? Or is there an actual physical feeling to confirm that what we are feeling is actually love.

If love is such an emotion that is hard to define and impossible to understand, how is it that there are such people as love and relationship experts? How can someone else tell us what we are feeling in an area where no one is ever clearly sure what is happening and also, everyone feels and acts upon each emotion differently. It’s not possible.

In my opinion, unless these experts have experienced every single situation and aspect of love and a relationship, I believe that they have no space to tell us how to go about our situation.

Overall, I think that love does not really exist as it is something we let ourselves think we feel only to be lead to a let down in the end. If love is meant to be such an enjoyable and fantastic emotion, then why do we have heartbreak?

Latest articles