Love: Is It Just A Word?

Love: Is It Just A Word? Love.

Often people ask me, "What's it like, being in love?" As always, my answer would be: un-explainable. But thinking about it these past few weeks, maybe I don't know what love is. As people have different reasons, and views of love. A love of a parent to child, a love of a sibling to sibling, or a family reason to love. Or, a romantic way to love. Both is quite beautiful to me. Seeing a family get along, I see love there. A couple holding hands, I see love there.

But, is there any definition? I asked quite a lot of people and every answered differed. It was amazing to hear what people had to say about it. The different answers, inspired me to write this.

A friend of mine said "I get this funny feeling in my stomach when I see her. A good feeling. For me, I think that's love." And another said: "I think, it's a certain affection for someone that you can't control. But will sometimes end up in heartbreak".

I have no idea what answer is right. But I know that love is a beautiful rewarding thing. It cheers you up, sometimes maybe brings you down. But I think, it's because you love someone so much, or care about him or her that you can get worried. Even if you get angry at the person, and might later regret it, I think it's still love. But to be honest I don't know.

Latest articles