Emo Ban In Russia Will Only Bring On The Opposite Affect

Emo Ban In Russia Will Only Bring On The Opposite Affect Russia is currently in the process and banning the ‘emo’ fashion. This is just one incident into the ignorance of humans. The bill calls for the regulation of ‘emo’ websites, and the banning of clothing in black and pink, among other colors, piercing and hair over the face.

This is ignorance, plain and simple. Not everyone that dresses that way is walking on a path of self harm, and they are not a “social danger” as Igor Ponkin, from the Russian Interior Ministry's Public Oversight Council stated to the Moscow Times, nor are they “a threat to national stability” as he added. The Daily Mail was just as ignorant, and that resulted in a protest. The news of this banning is only going to result in similar uproar, threating national stability. That would simply be the opposite result of what they want.

After searching articles dealing with problems with ‘emo’, like the ones in Mexico, there was nothing. The ban is only an idea from reading incidents in other countries. If there isn’t a problem in Russia with the ‘emo’ and ‘goth’ fashions, there shouldn’t be a ban. The Russian ministry is just asking for trouble and creating problems where there aren’t any. There have already been reports of protests.

Latest articles