Mass media decides: Obama already elected

Mass media decides: Obama already elected While acknowledgment can led to fame and fortunes, the opposite has for the past week shown itself to be a set-back for Republican presidential candidate John McCain. During Barack Obama's tour throughout the Middle East and Europe, the media has been quick to report his clearly dominant scale of foreign supporters against opposing candidate John McCain.

Because of the over-whelming result of Obama's Europe visit, the European media has taken the liberty to subtly, but clearly, proclaim their favorite to win. The talk of McCain, however, is much more modest. This leads to a few questions that must be answered. Do we leave too many of our big decisions up to the media? How will this effect the American voters? Has the world already appointed America its new president?

As to the first question, there are multiple accounts of what mass medias can trigger. The biggest example might be the mass propaganda fed to the people of Germany by the Nazi government and its skilled minister Joseph Goebbels. No doubt that too many of our own opinions are coloured by the hundreds of messages that are sent to us daily - consciously and subconsciously. A wise thing to do is to always value your opinions, and make sure that what you believe is for the right reasons.

An interesting point that goes hand in hand with this is what really goes through the mind of an American voter. With the dollar steadily decreasing in value and Americas credibility crumbling in the eyes of the world, despite ideologies and political ideas, would the wiser choice not be Obama? To choose Obama would be a signal to the world that perhaps America isn't quite as obstinate and self-engaged as surely has been the impression the past decade. Is this now a part of the equation? It definitely should be.

As for the last question, well, we shall have to see.

Latest articles