Mibba's Anti-Bullying Campaign

Mibba's Anti-Bullying Campaign In every persons lifetime they fall victim to some sort of bullying, be it from a sibling, school mate or colleague. It's not a new trend, the need to belittle a person in order to feel better about yourself is a trait that everybody can feel guilty about having, whether we act on that impulsion is down to the individual's character.

Within today's modern society where we are over-run with the latest technology advancements in gadgets and gizmo's a new wave of Bullying has become the latest trend. Where as before a victim would be able to find solace in the comfort of their own home, Cyber-bullying infiltrates that barrier. Teenagers and young adults fall victim to aggressive texts messages and emails. Popular Blog sites are used to create smear campaigns, singling out individuals to terrorize. What you have designed and created is then used against you.

Here at Mibba we wish to put a stop to aggression and bullying. Make it a friendly place where it doesn't matter how large your post count is or how long you have been a member, where everyone is treated with respect and as an equal. To be able to achieve this we need everybody's support, what allows bullying to continue is ignorance. If people do not report incidences of bullying or at least voice their opinions of it in a calm way nothing can be done. We urge anyone who believes they have been a victim of a cyber-assault or if you have witnessed one to contact Mods and Admins so that we can help.

If someone is caught bullying or being aggressive to another user, we will take immediate action in removing said person from the site pending further investigation. If the user offers no apology for their actions the ban will become permanent.

The objective of any bully is to have power, control and domination over their victim but that can only happen if you let it, although you must have heard it a thousand times before and you probably want to shove a sock in the mouth of the next person who says it, the best way to deal with a bully is to ignore them and to tell someone. If the person is receiving no attention they'll move on.

At the beginning of 2006, 9000 pupils took part on a online survey about the affects of cyber-bullying, 69% of pupils who took the survey said that they had been bullied in the last 12 months and 50% of those said they had been physically hurt by a bully. 87% of parents who took the survey said that their child had been bullied and 77% reported that their child was bullied more than five times. What this shows it that not only has bullying always been a problem but that is an increase in the use of technology to belittle and insult.

There are many different organisations around the world that help children and teenagers to deal with the affects of bullying or to just lend a shoulder to cry on here are some of their details

United Kingdom

Childline.org.uk

National Child Protection Helpline (NSPCC), freephone 0800 800 500. A 24-hour helpline for anyone concerned about a child at risk of abuse (including bullying), including children themselves.

Scottish Anti-Bullying Network at Moray House Institute of Education, University of Edinburgh, Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AQ, Tel/Fax 0131 651 6100, Email abn@mhie.ac.uk

United States

Bully Police USA: taking on Bullying in the USA at the National Level reports on anti-bullying or anti-harassment laws in each State, along with news media reports and personal stories about bullied children and teens.

Bully Whys helping parents learn what they can do if their child is being bullied, or is a bully

Canada

Bully Beware in Canada are passionate about keeping children safe. They've written two books and produced a video for schools that deal with the issues of bullying.

Australia

Dr Ken Rigby's Bullying Pages - Dr Ken Rigby is Adjunct Associate Professor of Social Psychology and an educational consultant based at the University of South Australia.

Nobody wants to be a victim and at Mibba.com we are striving to ensure that not only are you safe from attackers but that this site does not become a hostile environment.

What is deemed Bully Behavior;

  1. Making lewd or insulting comments towards another user
  2. Posting explicit artwork or images with the intention of hurting another user
  3. Discussing another user in a hurtful manner even if that said person is not present
  4. Editing or removing a person posts with the intent to upset.

For those of you who feel they are above moral obligation to treat others as they wish to be treated take this warning. Although we do not have the power to ban you completely from the internet if you are caught bullying another Mibbian on another site or instant messenger we will ban you from Mibba.com.

Latest articles