Different isn't Different Anymore

Different isn't Different Anymore Some people might say they are different then others. In fact, most people I know say they are different. They aren't. They dress the same, the act the same, they think alike. In other words; They try to fit in with the crowd.

It is true some people succeed in being 'different.' Some people don't. You might say being 'emo' is also being an individual. Well have you ever seen an 'emo' wear a mini skirt and a tank top? Wearing skin tight pants does not make you emo. Wearing eyeliner, still not emo. And more and more people are wearing skinny jeans and eyeliner. It doesn't make them automatically emo, even if they are trying to be.

Different means you stand out. Let's say you see a girl walking down a hall way a school. She has bangs, and pig tails with one pink hair band, and one blue. She has braces lets say. She is wearing a blue skirt with knee high socks. One sock is rainbow striped, while the other is plaid green. She is also wearing a winter coat in early fall. Would you stare?

The odds are yes! She obviously isn't following the fashion trends. She is doing her own thing, and she doesn't care what people think. If you fall somewhere in a category like this, count your self different. So maybe, the first day school starts, I'll wear two different colors knee high socks. And when people whisper, I'll ask what the secret is. Then I'll just laugh it off.

Sometimes people are afraid to be different, afraid that if they act different, they'll be rejected. Yea, I feel rejected a lot. But I have friends that don't care how I dress or what I do. Yes, I wear skinny jeans, and also eye liner. My hair is its natural color, and I still count my self as different.

Another difference, is wearing what you want to wear, and doing what you want to do. If you think you want it, or like it, think twice. Is there any peer pressure involved? And maybe there is, and you don't mind it. Be who you want to be.

Speak out, tell people something that happened to you last night! They might already hate you, so you have nothing to loose! And if you are really different you might actually gain a reputation. Don't be afraid, do something random! Wear flip flops in winter! Wear a coat in the summer, do what you want, be who you want!

Latest articles