My Chemical Romance: Cult Leaders or Saviors?

My Chemical Romance: Cult Leaders or Saviors? Lately, there have been a few problems with the rock band, My Chemical Romance. With Hannah Bond's death being blamed on the band, people have been saying MCR promotes suicide and self harm. But, does the band really promote that?

Many My Chemical Romance fans will tell you they have helped them in one way at least. I know they help me very much. My Chemical Romance has helped most people with trying to get over depressions or stop suicide. So, why are people saying the band is telling kids to hurt themselves?

This has happened in the past. Teens that are troubled have thought that killing themselves was their 'escape'. So, when they are dead, people look for any causes of the suicide attempt. Many parents would blame it on movies, music, or books. But, music wouldn't make you kill yourself.

The parents are just so shocked on their child's death that they blame it on something their child enjoyed. Most parents are just afraid to admit that something in their child's life was bugging them, whether it be bullying, grieving over a lost one, or even family troubles.

Also, the band has repeatedly told people that they want to save lives, not take them. Guitarist of the band, Frank Iero, quotes, "This is a band that will save your life.". So, with that, they do not want their fans to cut themselves or even try to kill themselves. They don't want that at all.

My Chemical Romance just wants to help save the world.

Latest articles