Stereotypes - Branding - Comments

  • Well Put. I Keep Trying To Convince People To Stop Branding But They Don't Listen And Label Me Mosher Because Of The Music I Enjoy.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 10:46pm
  • Max5892, I think I love you. Do you take offence, or can I say that freely?
    March 11th, 2009 at 04:05am
  • I understand that it's a horrible thing, but stereotypes, there are not going to stop. It's a natural human response left over from when you needed to identify if a new creature was safe or not.

    I hate labels, and I use them ALL THE TIME, I can't help it. That best we can do is teach the next generation that a person is more than skin deep. But the only way to do that is to get EVERYONE living on this earth to do this. I myself use labels as a lose generalization to things a person MIGHT like or how they MIGHT react to something, but I don't sufficate them with the label. I understand that people can wear something, like something, and act and believe something MUCH different just because of the way I grew up.

    People think I have this intuitive sense to thier personality, I don't, I just pay attention to thier generalization AND things they say, and the way they carry themselves, and a whole lot of other things. I NEVER try to pin a person to how I EXPECT them to act. That's the best I can do as a person as far as stereotypes.

    But I will call you a prep or jock if you're very obviosly trying to be one to fit in, because I pisses me off when people stick to the very essence of a label for popularity......but that's just me.
    March 11th, 2009 at 04:04am
  • i dont completely agree. Yes, stereotyping is viewed as "bad", but if one stops taking offence at it, and doesn't care what people brand them as, what does it matter. you know that you are you, and you shouldnt care what other people think you are.

    let people stereotype. then you know that you are better than they are because you supposedly dont

    but then again, everyone stereotypes. always. its unavoidable.

    and by the way, there was never a time without stereotypes. ever. as long as there was someone who was different from someone else, there has been stereotyping.

    it will never go away.
    January 4th, 2009 at 03:16pm
  • I had this friend, and she decided that is was cool to be "emo" so she wore smudgy dark eyeliner, declared how depressed she was, and then tried to convince me that she was cutting.

    It nwas hillarious I must say, because she was trying to make herself something she was not, and she was doing a terrible job.

    ANywho. Nice article.
    August 22nd, 2008 at 01:31am
  • There is a stereotype for punk that isn't the spikes and plaid and punk rock.
    Punk stereotype isn't used much anymore, but was commonly used as an insult in American culture before 1975 when that movement was named so. It was generally directed toward teenagers who got involved into trouble and were no good to society.

    However, I do like this article.
    March 26th, 2008 at 12:02am
  • Thank you for actually stating that these are STEROTYPES and not the actual facts. Finally someone gets the fact that sterotypes are ridiculous and not everyone is the same so we cant use the same word to talk about multiple groups of people.
    February 17th, 2008 at 06:56am
  • you forgot punk! you CAN'T FORGET PUNK!
    January 30th, 2008 at 12:00am