A Growing Number - Comments

  • the part that i'm really affected by is that when people come out of the closet, they get bashed and discriminated about it to the breaking point. i'm a gay rights activist and that really hurts me that people have to be total fucking assholes to those who are gay,bi,lesbian,transsexual and transgender. it's horrible.
    July 13th, 2009 at 03:52am
  • I doubt a five year old could fully understand the consequences of their actions let alone plan and carry out suicide. But I suppose you never know. :(
    March 29th, 2009 at 01:17pm
  • Theres a place in scarbrough called suicide bridge. Its a scary place. Suicide bad
    August 31st, 2008 at 07:56pm
  • Look up on youtube.com Hero by Superchick it's a song that is all about how kids get made fun of and how most of the kids kill themeselves because of it, it's a very heart touching song, some schools (I wish mine -_-) have had assembleys based on this song and suicide prevention (I can't spell it >.<)
    March 15th, 2008 at 08:04am
  • The amount of people who commit suicide, thats mind blowing, it's awful.
    February 3rd, 2008 at 07:05am
  • Hmm. I just stumbled upon this. It's a really well written article, and the facts are something we all should be aware of.

    My health teacher says more females actually attempt suicide, but they do not succeed because they chose methods like pills or cutting, where they have a chance of being saved. Guys, on the other hand, attempt less but succeed more because they chose to shoot themselves in the head, jump off buildings, crash cars into trees, etc.
    January 9th, 2008 at 06:24am
  • i dont know, im just following the statistics.
    October 18th, 2007 at 05:43am
  • this is a really good article =] as someone whos come out of the other side of suicide attempts, and i have a couple of friends whove been there too, its really shocking how many people have been in that situation. well written article.

    btw, why the hell would a five year old kill themselves???
    October 17th, 2007 at 08:56pm
  • I totally agree with you dude.
    October 9th, 2007 at 09:10am
  • This might sound terrible, but it seems to me that Western Civilization is suffering from a sever case of stagnation, intolerance, and severe child raising issues. Basically, we're too rich, we lack a sense of community and we losing touch with things of social importance.
    Not only this but people are becoming incredibly selfish, what sort of parents treat their children like that? What sort of families bring up kids that think of no-one else to the point we're their unaware of the effect thiri suicide would have?
    If no-one actually has anything of meaning in there lives, then clearly it shows a massive flaw in the way we live?
    Suicides a problem, so is depression, but come on there are not many people in a situation so bad that death is a better option. Something needs to be done, and i'm not saying the government could do anything, because clearly they have difficulty with basic civil issues, it needs to be an individual or community based approach.

    Gabe

    October 5th, 2007 at 03:19pm