Punk - Comments

  • Android

    Android (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Punk Rock to me, is being yourself, not caring what people think about you, and raging against the shit that makes you angry. It's not about the style, it's about the attitude, I do call myself a Punk, I don't go all Punk, I'm the type that just dresses how I want. I'm not on this earth to impress anyone. And I don't just listen to Green Day, I listen to, Operation Ivy, NOFX, Bad Religion, ect. Call me what you want, but I will always love Punk Rock.
    September 4th, 2009 at 12:47am
  • One_liners

    One_liners (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think punk is a style of genre of music. I think it's an attitude. I think punk is speaking out for what you believe and ignoring the consequences. And I think it is also going against what society believes is "acceptable".
    But that's just me. Excellent article.
    August 21st, 2008 at 05:00am
  • sketch.

    sketch. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    yup.
    that's the point.
    August 21st, 2008 at 01:25am
  • Be_Not_Seen

    Be_Not_Seen (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    GREAT article!
    June 9th, 2008 at 03:35am
  • Beating.Heart.Baby.

    Beating.Heart.Baby. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    PUNK is a subculture and an attitude. The music, anti-fashion, the films, and the ideaoligies (I know that's so not spelled right) came from people who feel/ felt that way inside. Just cuz you lisen to "punk" or have blue hair doesn't mean your a member of the punk subculture. It's all about how you look at things. Not any one can be labeled by others as a punk and it actually be true, you have to be born that way, it's in your mind set, wheather you find out about it at age 16 or age 60, it's imbeaded in there somewhere. That inner mechanism leads to the love of the music, etc. afterwards. All I'm saying, you have to have the mindset to be part of the subculture.



    IT"S A SUBCULTURE NOT A LABEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A WAY OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!
    May 25th, 2008 at 08:54am
  • sca

    sca (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Australia
    In response some of the responses, you do realise the Sex Pistols were formed by a manager to take advantage of what he predicted to be a boom in the popularity of punk? That's why many purists will never accept them as hardcore.

    In response to the article - well written. I could pick at the connotations between a phrase or word or two - but meh. That's just down to your need to keep the article brief, and everyone's need to differ in opinion. :P

    Like I said, coupled with that DM review, I like your style.

    => Jess
    February 23rd, 2008 at 02:20am
  • Golden I

    Golden I (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Old skool punk ftw. My mum was one of the original 70's punks, although she's now shed the insane colours she dyed her hair, leather jacket and doc martens, it's clear she's still punk at heart and should put many of the people that claim themselves to be punk nowadays to shame.
    Labelling yourself punk is stupid, and I have an insane dislike for people who claim to be a punk just because they listen to pop-punk like Green Day, or some other ridiculous band like that. It's not that I have anything against Green Day (hell i have every one of their cds and personally signed things) it's just that Green Day can barely be counted as true punk.

    The enddddddddddddd.
    January 26th, 2008 at 09:00pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Not the music mind you, I was talking about the fans and such. >< Sorry, I didn't make that clear.
    January 5th, 2008 at 12:44am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    There's no such thing as punk, it's just a label they all try to adapt to and fit in to. It's just another way to cover up who they really are by trying to be [i]cool[/i]. I don't believe in punk.
    January 5th, 2008 at 12:43am
  • Valium Freak

    Valium Freak (600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Mexico
    Buzzcocks and Pistols are old school punk
    hardcore would be black flag or minor threat

    I liek it thouhg it lacks of emotion
    punk by definition can't be defiend though
    Good article
    November 15th, 2007 at 08:02am
  • Syd Barrett.

    Syd Barrett. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, way to correct one trivial detail without even saying what you thought about the article itself...

    Anywho, I like it. The article gives the impression of being thouroughly researched, and is also well-written, without any typos or run-ons or anything like that.
    October 27th, 2007 at 07:49am
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    The buzzcocks aren't pop punk. They are hardcore, just like the damned and the pistols.
    October 12th, 2007 at 12:29am