Obama Drama? - Comments

  • *sighs* Tolerance shall never be the complete norm in this world. I agree with [b]LieslotteDolly[/b]. That OD squad is going to cause anawful lot of trouble, as will groups/individuals like them all over the country. Oh, my, I just had a thought. This sort of thing could escalate into something like the KKK, except it's black on white this time. God, humanity sickens me sometimes. What the hell is wrong with our heads and our hearts?
    June 19th, 2009 at 12:26am
  • Wow. These kids are ignorant.
    Excuse me if this sounds harsh, but it seems to me that they just "support" Obama because he's black. I mean, come one. The OD squad?
    June 18th, 2009 at 01:13pm
  • It's bad. Everyone's like "yay, finally tolerance!" and I have really yet to see tolerance from the majority of Obama supporters/democrats. If you disagree with his policies or point out a flaw in his logic, you're suddenly a bigot/racist and out to get black people (which I don't see why it's such a big deal; to me, since he's half and half, he could be considered white, but no, that's being a white supremacist.... who cares...) This racism from both sides will not stop unless people stop thinking about their skin color, or trying to get out of things because you think someone is racist... frankly, it's gotten immature. *end random rant that I'll probably get bashed for*

    I was for Bob Barr, by the way.

    oh, and we have kids at my school saying to teachers "You can't punish me or anything anymore because Obama's going to be president! You'll see!" and... it makes me scared to think what these individuals think he's going to do...
    December 3rd, 2008 at 07:44pm
  • that's aweful. I personaly slightly prefered McCain (although I hated Pallin and didn't much care form McCain or Obama) but my mom's family is super hardcore Democrat and think I'm a freakin racist now! that's bull, they're the racists for making a thing out of him being black! I don't freakin care he's black I just don't like him!
    November 28th, 2008 at 03:44am
  • I'm not a political person at all, so I don't really [i]support[/i] anyone. But I do think that racism is wrong. I could really care less what race our president is, as long as he is a [i]good[/i] president.
    November 28th, 2008 at 02:05am
  • There was a huge fight because of Obama winning the day we all found out he won. The thing I don't get is people only look at his race 95% of the time. And they don't realize that just because he's mixed that that doesn't make him half black. He's not half black, he's half arabic and white. People insist that he is black. He's not in anyway black. His father is arabic and his mother is white. There's a difference between arabic and black, a huge difference. Now I do not support him, because for one I'm not a democrat. But my reasons aren't for race, they are for what he stands for. I don't believe in what he believes in and that should be fine. People, specifically teenagers in high school are taking it way too far. And anything they do is basically a waste of time and is not needed.
    November 28th, 2008 at 01:29am
  • This is happening at Arsenal Technical HS too. All the white people are calling themselves black just to be "cool" or whatever the fuck it is. They're always "joking" around about being white or black and it sickens me.Its ridiculous because everyone throws the word racist around like its nothing. People are PROUD to be racist now, they joke about not being racist or say "yeah, i'm racist" when in fact they are being racist when they just joke about it. It hurts peoples feelings.

    But yeah, most of the racist comments come from the black students at Tech and its just getting out of control. Everyone's so proud to have Obama as president (as am I) but they don't show it by making comments about white people or black people, or even the hispanics. Its just out of control. and no one cares. No one sees anything wrong with it either.
    November 27th, 2008 at 06:33am
  • Woah.

    As far as I know, they do NOT support Obama. That is NOT what he stands for..
    November 27th, 2008 at 06:28am
  • My town isn't actually called Decatur. I just live in Decatur Township. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thanks for the comments. I just want you guys to understand that racism does go both ways whether people like to acknowledge the fact or not. I just mentioned what I think of whenever I think of racism because that's what I was taught growing up. No one wants to talk about it and that is quite disappointing because it is a big thing. Ignoring it does nothing. I found out today that the staff at my school are finally confirming that we do have a gang and that they are trying to do something about it. I mean, when you see OD SQUAD written on the walls, you can't really deny it. Ha. Anyway, the purpose of this article was to find out if any other schools were experiencing this.
    November 27th, 2008 at 06:14am
  • Alot of the people who voted for him were racists themselves. They only voted for him because he is black[ which he barely is. He's mostly white!]
    Anyway, I wanted McCain to win and I got alot of crap for that. I live in Detroit so almost no one was supporting McCain. When I came back the day after the election, and said I was supporting him, some girl thought she could beat me up so she started calling me a 'racist bitch' then tried to fight me.
    But I know self defence so that wasn't a problem. I got her into a head lock and then proceded to tell her that suporting him based on only that the fact his skin is brown is also racism.
    I ended up gettin suspended for that.
    But anyway this is a well written article and I thank you for posting it.
    November 27th, 2008 at 04:50am
  • ugh the racism in schools now that obama is in office is HORRIBLE my school is mostly black and mexican so being white i get alot of drama over him being in office && how im going to be a slave to him
    November 27th, 2008 at 04:02am
  • I think, that some people just think that if they like McCain then they think that white people are better than everyone else.
    Truly, people should realize that some people like McCain for his ideas, not because of his race.

    I'm glad that obama won though = )
    November 27th, 2008 at 03:27am
  • I don't know if you were trying to correct me or if you were trying to say I was wrong, [i]Spaztastic[/i]. I was talking about the chick somewhere down at the bottom talking about reverse racism. Which she used incorrectly.
    November 27th, 2008 at 03:14am
  • That's just ridiculous. People are so ignorant.
    November 27th, 2008 at 01:30am
  • [i]So racism has to be white people discriminating against blacks?[/i]
    No. The person who said that doesn't know the definition of racism. It's simply 'a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.'

    Nothing to do with your color. You can be Asian and be racist towards whites, blacks or anything else. You don't have to be white.
    November 27th, 2008 at 12:25am
  • Which Decatur? I know of two. I really doubt it's the one in Illinois since I'm down there all the time and people are only hicks not racist. Lol.
    But I could be wrong.
    November 27th, 2008 at 12:21am
  • Sickening. How could anyone be so cruel? I do understand this, although I do not support Obama. I do not think he is the best choice, but being who I am, and seeing my bloodlines, I assure you, it is not his skin color.
    November 26th, 2008 at 10:27pm
  • Racism goes both ways, unfortunately. :\

    Good article though.
    November 26th, 2008 at 08:58pm
  • [i] Reverse racism is more common than people would think... [/i]

    I'm sickened beyond belief. Reverse racism? So racism has to be white people discriminating against blacks?
    You all are blind, this has been going on long before Obama.
    November 26th, 2008 at 06:48pm
  • The first reason people voted for Obama was that they were so deluded they thought the colour of his skin would change anything. They don't let people who can do anything well into the whitehouse, we should have learnt this already.
    The second reason was that he wasn't a white republican which we know are even worse than other presidents. Noone wants another Bush so of course they wouldn't vote for McCain.
    To the point, black people being racist to white people will never be taken seriously because we're still trying to say sorry for slavery. You call a guy black and your a racist but a black guy beats up a white guy because of the colour of his skin and noone cares. He could openly admit he beat him up because of the colour of his skin and noone would care unless it had been the other way round.
    Society is stupid.
    November 26th, 2008 at 06:42pm