Everyone Makes Mistakes - Comments

  • Well I personally think that some of the adults in my life don't know what they're talking about.

    Like my grandparents.
    They're always trying to act like everyone is nice and nothing is wrong. They tell me all you have to be is polite and you will be treated nicely.

    Bullshit.
    If that's all you have to do then why do we have racists or wars? Why do they think it's all a dream world? They say we'll understand when we're older but frankly I think I'm more mature then a lot of adults I know.

    Yes, there are kids out there that do stupid things and act like morons but does that mean we all are? We all act differently. A friend of mine is always trying to act like she is mature because she went through some "tough things". By tough things she means her daddy didn't buy her the latest cell phone. That doesn't mean all of us are so materialistic. Some of us have been through real hard times and some of us don't even have the money for a cheap cell phone so they can call a parent if they were left at school. We all are different but some people just can't see that. I'm a thirteen year old girl yet my cousin is in college and she still needs my advice.

    I'm not just here to rant about how adults are horrid because that would be a lie. My dad is my hero yet he is an adult. He gets how hard it is to be younger. He gets the world today and how people are different. There are many adults who do, but the sad truth is that there are many adults who don't.

    I think this was a wonderful article and I enjoyed it.
    February 2nd, 2009 at 10:34am
  • [i]Of course taking drugs is bad for you, but how about the people that it helps?[/i]

    Really? Who does it help?

    Sure we all make mistakes. And we learn from them, but you should still heed most of the advice given to you by your elders. They know quite a lot. I always ask my teachers for advice. My parents know 99% about what goes on in my life and I'm rather proud of my relationship with my parents.
    And one more thing, in my opinion, drugs are bad. End of story; dot; period. I don't care what anyone will tell me, even Pot is bad for you. I've enough of kids thinking that they know everthing because they're young.
    I'm young and I know I'm not even close to knowing everything. But I take advice into thought and I make the best decision I can based on my own thoughts and others advice.
    :]
    February 1st, 2008 at 01:01am