I Wanna Hold Your Hand

I Wanna Hold Your Hand Sex, such a small word, but such a big meaning. Today's world is driven by the idea "sex sells". In movies, music, books, art, everything has been taken over by a sexually driven world. It's the image being shown to kids all the time every day, and its corrupting the minds of today's youth.

Now I'm not saying "Sex is bad! Don't have sex until marriage!", but what ever happened to the little things that used to be so important. In 1978 the Beatles came out with the song I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Now compare that to some of today's songs such as Smack That and Hey, I Can Get Sexual Too.

Back when that song came out sex wasn't an every day part of life. People weren't be influenced by a hormonally driven media. When two people were in a relationship they thought about more than jumping into bed with eachother. That song sums up everything that is lacking in relationships today.

In this day and age the divorce rate is higher than ever. Why? Because people base their relationships more on sex and the physical stuff than true romance and chivalry. Again I'm not saying that stuff is bad, but anymore you don't see any of the ideals that are behind that infamous Beatle's song.

Today women and sex are presented as things used to make money. With all of the singers and promotions out there demeaning these two areas, its given kids the mindset that actually caring or showing affection for one another is "corny" or "cheesy", and so they fell they need to hop into bed with the first guy/girl they date. Does that sound right?

People need to step back and realize, yeah sex sells but at what cost? The future relationships of today's youth? The loss of any sort of affection? Because the way I see it, as "corny" as that song may be, I'd rather feel "corny" and loved, than "cool" and like a toy.

Latest articles