Sexism - Comments

  • I think this article is very well written.
    I totally agree with the points you brought across.
    Thanks for writing this, it really made me think twice.
    Keep up the great work.
    August 29th, 2009 at 04:49am
  • *sexism
    June 18th, 2009 at 07:54pm
  • Uhm, look, I kind of agree with your article. Kind of. I have a few things to say, though.
    Uh, first of all, I've [i]never[/i] seen a stay-at-home-dad ridiculed. No kidding. My dad is, and in his very judgemental small town, people actually think it's great that he took on the responsibility. That wasn't exactly a very good argument on your part.
    Second of all, the only thing you had for an example of sexiam against males is men stepping into female roles. If you're trying to prove something, you need [i]more[/i] examples to back it up besides one form of sexism.
    Also, an article like this needs to have more detail, instead of an attempt at being short and sweet.
    I do kinda agree though.
    June 18th, 2009 at 07:54pm
  • people should just leave each other alone and let them be happy where they are, forget "roles" let them do whatever they want and be happy about it.
    May 31st, 2009 at 01:59am
  • [b]worse for wear[/b] - That is so sad, and enfuriating. :|

    You make a good point, but I really wish you'd expanded upon it.
    Sexism is a huge issue; you can't encompass it in three or four paragraphs, you know?

    I do, however, understand what you're saying, and totally agree.
    My brother has been getting gay comments for quite a few years, simply because he's okay with being the goofball he really is. Luckily, he knows enough to not take it to heart, and he has us all on his side. Some others aren't as lucky, and don't have that kind of support.

    So, nifty article, in all.
    :)
    May 28th, 2009 at 03:14am
  • My old Calc teacher used to constantly refer to his wife as a "vacuum cleaner" and "dishwasher".

    Then, one day, I walked into the teacher's lounge to deliver a message, and he's baking a cake.

    It didn't take long to realize that the principal of the school was hazing him because he wanted to head the Home Ec department.

    He had to hide the fact that he loved baking because the head of the school thought it was 'too femenine'.

    It's so stupid.

    If anything, most girls would probably love a boy who can cook, or sew, or...I don't know, play field hockey (:
    May 8th, 2009 at 10:06pm
  • I agree completely on this article.
    Although my mum is the one who stays at home, and my dad goes off to work he does a lot around the house to help my mum.
    Sexism deffinitely needs to be kicked up its arse and gone forever.
    Unfortunately I can't see that ever happening. :(
    March 27th, 2009 at 11:58pm
  • What? This article is absolute crap. Like women driving, or girls not having coodies (coodies are scientifically proven, and they cause cancer), and marmite not tasting like crap.
    lol now invert all that (apart from the marmite bit)
    December 18th, 2008 at 09:58pm
  • WOOHOO! finaly someone who agrees! down with trousers up with skirts!
    joke, joke, i dont wear skirts, but great article, i find i get called gay a lot for doing things outside the "masculin norm", not in an insulting way as it sounds like your friend was, but that could be worse, your case seems to be about people attacking things they dont like, im being, dont want to say discriminated, too strong, but at the moment no words come to mind, discriminated by educated people who do understand because of some of the things i do, showing that this prejudice is inbuilt into almost everyone in todays society.
    December 5th, 2008 at 07:33pm
  • Good point. The hypocrisy in this country is appalling, isn't it, once you remove yourself enough to get a clear view?
    December 5th, 2008 at 02:29am
  • Very true. Great article! I wish my dad did more "female" roles...it would sure help out my mom and me. ;P
    December 4th, 2008 at 07:08am
  • Exactly :)
    Right on the point.
    My dad works part time, and the other time he's a stay at home Dad and I mainly live with him. He's a better cook than my mum anyway :D haha
    But yeah, some people find it weird, and some others are totally fine with it
    I think everyone needs to be a lot more open minded and not just stick to what they're told all the time.
    December 3rd, 2008 at 06:22am
  • Amazing article, it shows that people are so closed minded to things that they have to put a label for something!
    December 3rd, 2008 at 04:19am
  • I hate it when people think sexism only refers to girls.
    December 2nd, 2008 at 10:45pm
  • I've been saying this often. Sexism is just as female thing; it happens to guys, too.

    Good article.
    December 2nd, 2008 at 02:31pm
  • Very well written. I think men and women are equal and should be treated that way. However, I don't really think it's women that are putting men down if they do things that are considered a "woman's job". In fact, all wives/mothers I know would love it if their husbands would cook, clean, and take care of their kids once in awhile, haha.

    But I definitely agree that we need to teach our kids and everyone around us that there's nothing wrong in men doing something a woman would commonly do, and vice-versa.
    December 2nd, 2008 at 04:07am
  • This is one of my strongest beliefs. Sexism, in any way, shape, or form, is degrading to our species, not to mention totally frickin' heartless. -_-'

    I personally don't mind being in a feminine role, hell, I usually am.... I wouldn't have it any other way! ^_^
    December 2nd, 2008 at 03:57am
  • Thats fricken ridiculous!

    Girls can do what boys can do. Why can't it be the other way? I hate it when people act sexist. Its pretty sad to know that sexism will never end. :(

    -x3Gabbie
    December 2nd, 2008 at 03:06am
  • I agree. And I'm unber frickin jealous that you have a boy on the cheer squad. I want there to be one on ours SO bad.
    December 1st, 2008 at 11:22pm
  • Sadly, a lot of the men who degrading towards women are the ones who will continue to be sexist to any change that they feel threatens their own personal comfort bubble. It's sad to think that with as far as this nation has progressed over hundreds of years that there's still heaps of things that need to be not only tolerated, but accepted. It's the 21st Century, people should get used to change. It's not their jurisdiction to say what should and should be done. Some people are still very traditional, whether it's because it's the way they were raised or because they're scared of change. The good news is that there are those, both men and women, who will continue to take part in what they please regardless of sexist remarks. In turn, they're leading society down the path of change. An African American was elected for president. This world is getting somewhere... even though there's still so many with such harsh opinions. Unfortunately, at the juncture, I can't see sexism being completely eliminated for a very, very long time... if ever. After all, people like harnessing their freedom of opinion and speech. Even if they do it by hurting others.
    December 1st, 2008 at 09:55pm