What's the Sin?

What's the Sin? In connection to other past articles I have read I would like to touch on religious empathy and the freedom for people to express and "preach", as others say, their own religion for all to hear. Many people act as though its bad to talk about the religion of your choice, whether it be Pastafarianism, Catholicism, Paganism, etc. I see no harm in preaching your beliefs, after all that is what my column is about.

I think that whether someone worships the FSM or God, they should be allowed to practice freedom of speech by preaching of their chosen religion. People here on Mibba are very quick to criticize and yell at people for doing this. I think it is wrong and extremely unfair to all those who want to express themselves in this way. After all, that is was Mibba is about. Right?

To link this article in my column, God would not want us to criticize others for showing no empathy towards other's religions. I am not very knowledgeable on the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for I am a devout Catholic, but I am sure, at least from what I have heard, he wouldn't like it either.

Most religions are about doing the right things and spreading love and teaching others right from wrong, so I think that people on here and in life should uphold this point. Religion is not an excuse to yell at someone, rather it is an excuse to show love and understanding and to be the best human being you can fathom being.

I realize talking of religious empathy on here is going out on a limb, but as others have stated through past articles, people should be loving and understanding of other's religions. That is being mature about it. There is nothing wrong with respecting someone's beliefs even if you do not particularly care to believe or try to comprehend what that religion is about!

This goes for you Atheists out there... You need to lay off of the criticism of others, no matter what they say of religion. I understand you don't believe in religion or care to hear of it, but that doesn't mean you go and act like a mean-spirited person and bring others down for what they believe in. If you do not want to hear of their beliefs and opinions, then do not read the article and spare them from the mean thoughts you have to say about them for their religious beliefs and opinions.

Again I am a Catholic and have a very good Catholic friend on here. We do not ever tell someone that they are wrong in believing in what they do, even though we do not agree or believe them. It is their choice, not ours. Instead we preach of our religion so they can understand why we can not begin to believe some of the stuff, if not all, that is involved in their religion.

Preaching of your religion is not wrong compared to disrespecting others for their beliefs. That is all I have to say about this matter and I hope that a lot of people if not all, take what I have stated, to heart. The world would be much better place if people did what I am asking. Well, I hope some have learned something about respecting others religiously.

Latest articles