American Racists - Comments

  • This is completely biased and one-sided, and rather racist against Americans, but I'm sure you already guessed as such from the multitude of angry comments.

    I wasn't even going to reply to this at all, but I was pretty offended by it, to be honest.
    December 15th, 2009 at 11:12am
  • Every country has its problems and we are constantly working on trying to improve our problems. Thats what makes America diffrent from other countries,I'm not saying all countries. If you know your country has no problems or are working to improve them fine but you guys know what countries i'm talking about. I'm not going to name any names...........
    August 21st, 2009 at 05:19am
  • You are so right. Americans are just a bunch of hypercrites.Not all of them of course but a lot of them. But some of those names and stereotypes I have never heard of before.I never heard of cocoa crime time before or french men being called dirty or of irish being drunk. Maybe thats my families fault we don't believe in discriminating people or sterotyping people because thats so stupid. Just because one person does something does'nt mean a million people who look like them will do it too.Race is just a color really. Nothing more.
    August 21st, 2009 at 05:14am
  • Where the hell do you get off posting this kind of crap?! So you mean to tell me you went to every state and found this "oh so accurate information"? America as a nation is not racist, yes we have internal issues, and yes we can be bias but you shouldn't speak as if everyone is like this. Yes, we need to mind our own buisness some times but America is always there for any country thats in need, no matter what the skin color!
    August 6th, 2009 at 02:41am
  • There shouldn't be those types of jokes no matter WHO said it.

    I hear them, and you and I are no longer friends.
    I don't want friends who make fun of their own people.

    I'm proud of my mixed blood.
    July 29th, 2009 at 09:26pm
  • ehhhhhhhh everybody has thought something racist.
    laughed about a racist joke.
    said something racist.
    etc. etc. etc.
    it's whatever!
    i mean hell i have!
    but to me i don't think or take people's comments to the heart i laugh about it because some of them are true and some of them are just plain stupid.
    hell i am a full blood Pollock and we make fun of each other.
    and you say we need to better America.
    you mean the world!
    everybody around the world makes racist jokes about America even!
    it's whatever. you just need to roll with the punches and just take it.
    seriously....whoopie do if somebody calls a black person "nigger"
    or a mexican "dirty beaner"
    and the list goes on.
    people just need to lighten up or just punch the person in the fucking face and walk away.
    i think everybody needs to just sit down and have a good laugh when watching George Lopez's comedy stand up on comedy central. :]]
    May 6th, 2009 at 05:35am
  • *to america
    May 4th, 2009 at 05:34am
  • i like what dexter said and agree completely.

    racism is in fact everywhere and from reading your article i can honestly say that i am offended.

    i don't know where you're from or if you've maybe come ot maerica and experienced this first hand but none the less your article made it seem as though "Americans" in general are racist.

    also i think you should read your article over and rethink the angle that you're going for because truth be told it wasn't a very strong article
    May 4th, 2009 at 05:34am
  • Thanks for generalizing [i] Skaterwolf. [/i]
    April 2nd, 2009 at 10:43pm
  • for jagzfan 128 guy, just because you elected obama doesent make you un-racist idiot. The reason why i dislike americans is because they say something,without thinking about it. And dont you say that i dont know about americans because i had to be surounded by them for fours years. and personally there more racist than us danes.
    March 31st, 2009 at 01:19pm
  • [i]Mexican people are also discriminated often. There are many jokes about all Mexicans being illegal aliens. They are constantly told to go back to their country. Some people do not even bother to learn Mexicans' names. They may be called something like "Jose Quervo" or "Pedro", or sometimes even just "the Mexican", as if they do not matter.[/i]

    I'm sorry but this pisses me off. I don't think you should've mentioned only Mexicans here. I was born in Argentina and for 7 years I lived in the USA. In school I was always discriminated, by americans [b]and[/b] mexicans. Almost all Latinos/Latinas that weren't born in the USA are discriminated, either because we're not white enough or because we don't speak English as well as they do.

    I agree with you, America is full of racists and homophobes too. But it's not the only country. Argentina is far worse. You should've seen what some of them said when Barack was elected president. Argentineans even discriminate their own race if they're not white enough. And homosexuals? Don't even get me started on that.

    Racism exist everywhere, not only in America. Some countries are far worse than others. *cough*
    March 15th, 2009 at 09:31pm
  • First of all, I just want to say that Americans are not the only ones who are racist, and secondly, I want to say that most Americans that I know (I am American so I know a lot of them) are NOT racist. Sure, some may make an occasional racist joke or two, but it is just a joke, they do not think any worse of anyone else. I honestly do not see a lot of discrimination in my school. Asians, whites, Mexicans, blacks, foreign exhcange students, Jews, gays, Hispanics, and everyone else not mentioned all hang out with each other and like each other. The only racist things I have ever heard in my community are jokes usually going back and forth between friends of different ethnicities about each other- all in fun.

    Not that there are not any racists, but I think that the issue (at least where I live) is blown way out of proportion when realy all these people like each other and get along.
    March 14th, 2009 at 02:39am
  • If Americans are so racist, how did Barack Obama get elected?
    January 19th, 2009 at 06:06pm
  • And anyone who thinks Americans are the most bigoted people hasn't tried being gay in Jamaica. They KILL people for even LOOKING "gay". There's no "coming out" and being accepted. You stay in the closet or you DIE. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. I am Jamaican and trust me, this whole gay marraige thing won't be happening on the island anytime soon.

    Think about that before you go all "America's the only racist country!" on us again.
    January 14th, 2009 at 02:09am
  • ME and my friends make racist remarks all the time...about ourselves. About each other. My Mexican friends call themselves beaners and wetbacks, and ask each other for green cards all the time. And I, as a Jamaican, sometimes "offer them ganga". The whole point of it isn't to make ourselves feel bad or each other. It kind of takes the sting off of it if someone says something derogatory to me. If they do, I just say "Yeah, I know." America my be full of racists, but if my town's any marker, it's self-racism.
    January 14th, 2009 at 02:04am
  • Um... "WheresxYourxHeart"? You need to watch how rude [i]you're[/i] being.
    January 14th, 2009 at 01:59am
  • America is basically known as the country that helps everyone. Who's there when another country has a major earthquake? We are. Helping with reconstruction and building costs. Who's there when a tsunami hits? We are. Finding survivors and air-lifting cows.
    But then again, like most countries, we have our faults. We're in everyone's business, and we're a little too pushy. But we always help other countries in need. And we're the country of opportunity! America shouldn't be hated.
    January 13th, 2009 at 04:35am
  • Ok its obvious that people are trying to defend America on this and its retarded.
    Just stop.
    America isn't the most favored country. As much as we think we run things we shouldnt. We need to get out of other countries' business I'm sorry. Its great that Congress wants to help, and of course countries and continents should have each others backs but still. No one is running for our help. Real talk.
    Anyway. America is well-known for the most ignorant, rude, and unmannered society probably. America isn't ful of racists necessarily, it's just full of fucking stereotypes.
    I think once we all solve our own issues in our own races and communities (you know like the black communtiy, white communtiy, that whole sha-bang) then maybe we could get along and eliminate those retarded ass stereotypes.
    January 13th, 2009 at 04:11am
  • Er, it's "Polack", if Maus got it right. Pollock is a painter.
    January 13th, 2009 at 03:53am
  • I'm going to comfort you and point out that the people accusing you of being racists towards Americans are retards. For all they know, you were writing about America because you're from here. So all the idiots comment, remember that thing "write what you know?" That's all she's doing. So get your heads out of your asses and stop shoving your crap down the author's throat.
    January 13th, 2009 at 03:27am