Unjust Treatment of Others

Unjust Treatment of Others There are many faults to human nature that are simply unavoidable due to natural instinct and bad habits. Like some other human faults one in particular jumps out at me when the topic of faults comes up. The fault I am thinking of is being prejudice. Like select faults of human being, this fault is avoidable and curable, but not for most. There are many reasons for people to become prejudice against others.

First lets look ad the meaning of being prejudice. Prejudice is very similar to discrimination. Prejudice is being discriminatory against others because of their differences which seem like defects to prejudice people. These differences could be color of their skin, religious beliefs, life-style, income, clothes, grades in school, and many more differences which can cause people to be prejudice. Being prejudice is like the saying "jumping the gun". This is to say that when people are re prejudice they are "jumping the gun", or in other words thinking before factual knowledge, reason, etc. of the difference of a person compared to their self. So in simple terms, so being prejudice is actually being biased.

The effects of prejudice remarks or actions can be devastating to the victim. If someone is constantly picked of because they are African- American or because they are Jewish, then they will first of all be ashamed of themselves. This can cause a very little effect such as this person not being very sociable or have a large impact to the extent of suicide. Now that case is not too common, but it is know to happen. This can hurt someone and make them feel so unwanted and "damaged" so to say, that they can be very angry at the world, their families, and above all... their self. This is not good and here is why...

People are very different from each other in many ways. These ways are not always bad. If you are short or tall or fat or skinny, you have your advantages. These advantages can be hidden to people by the bad remarks that others say to them about their differences. It is very hard to ignore people when they are telling you over and over how you are different and that you stupid or dumb or unworthy because of it. But those remarks are very untrue! People all have their own talents among their own faults. These talents and actual faults are not to be mixed by other people's opinions. They can be wrong in what they say in accordance to other's differences.

Finally people are prejudice for these reasons. They are raised by unjust parents who teach them that they are better than everyone else. People themselves have been picked on by others and take it out on people different than them. Or they are simply just mean spirited. There are other reasons of being prejudice, but these are some main ones.

We have all been prejudice to others before, I myself included. It is very hard sometimes not to be, but I am encouraging everyone who reads this to keep your mind open to different people. Also, more importantly, try and prevent yourself from being prejudice, by using your will power. This bad habit can be stopped. This article is a start. Being prejudice is very destructive and people need to watch themselves and stop doing it. I am trying my hardest and I think we all should. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more articles....

Latest articles