Miley Cyrus, Positive Or Negative?

Miley Cyrus, Positive Or Negative? Everyone thinks that the sweet sixteen year old, Hannah Montana star, Miley Cyrus is just some innocent girl, on Disney Channel. But does anyone know whats happening behind the TV screen that could be destroying her reputation? I know everyone see's Miley differently. Young kids could see her as a role model. She's Hannah Montana, her music is good and up beat, her popular show is funny and everyone had to watch it at one point. But do you see between the lines? Between the acts and the written scripts?

Just recently, the teen star took a picture with her boyfriend, and other friends posing with an Asian, using her hands to make slanted eyes that mocked the individuals of Asian decent. Miley responded to that by saying she was just making “goofy faces” with her friends, and that the press is trying to make a possible “bad girl” out of her. But it offended the Organization of Chinese American, and has encouraged “legitimized the taunting and mocking of people of Asian descent, she has also insulted her many Asian Pacific American friends”. And still, no one has eve heard of this photo, because in the minds of everyone watching her show she’s just another innocent star.

There is so much more that has encouraged me and many others to think that Miley Cyrus is not so good of an influence when it comes to just Miley. There’s also the photo scandal that also took place not that whole ago, that also goes without notice.

Cody Linley, Miley’s co-star on Hannah Montana said: “The people who are putting up all these websites saying, 'Oh, look at Miley Cyrus, at 15, is this very racy? Look at these photos." I'd like to see what they were doing at 15. If they had every single picture that was taken of them and put on the internet, I think they would understand where Miley is right now. Miley is a really, really great girl with great morals, and I think for people to make a really big deal out of different photos and things like that is kind of ridiculous”. So the pictures aren’t the end of the world, and I admit they aren’t, but don’t the viewers at home need to know what is going on with her? To decide for themselves whether they think Ms. Cyrus is as good influence to them alone?

If you’re still undecided on whether she’s a good/bad influence then how would you feel if there were the paparazzi following you around taking pictures at your worst state? Even though the pictures Miley took are the pictures, how would you feel with all that pressure on you to be perfect?

Now it’s time for you to decide, is Miley Cyrus your influence in life if you had to say, or not? I am not trying to say negative things about her, or bash her out or anything, it's all about what you know and don't know.

Latest articles