Satanism - A Misunderstood Religion

Satanism - A Misunderstood Religion As I stated in the previous article satanism is a misunderstood religion, as it is not about truly worshiping Satan but more along the lines of being your own god. There are a few basic rules and practices that go along with the religion. These rules are the basic guidelines of the religion as directed by Anton Lavey. They are actually quite reasonable and do not involve harming children are animals. Here are a few as listed on the church of Satan website.

  1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked - It's basically saying that not everyone wants to hear what you have to say all the time. And that sometimes it is much better to hold your tongue.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them - This means something along the lines of do not trouble others with your issues, as they probably have problems of their own. And they may use your issues against you.
  3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there - A man's (or woman's) home is their castle, if you cannot respect that you do not deserve to be there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy - In other words if they are disrespecting you or your home, tell them to leave rather than taking it.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal - This one is pretty straight forward. Don't push yourselves on others.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved - Once again, pretty straight forward. Don't take anything without asking.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained - It's pretty much appreciate what you have otherwise you'll lose it.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself - If you could have avoided it and didn't, don't complain.
  9. Do not harm little children - Satanism is all about following your desires to the fullest and embracing your animal instincts, small children are the only humans that do both those things to the fullest.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food - Humans are the most vicious animals, the other animals stand no chance against us. Another big part of satanism is to respect all other life until they no longer respect you. Animals are usually very respectful of us.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him - It's pretty much saying that if someone hurts you, hurt them back. Turning the other cheek is a Christian belief and can cause great grief. Satanism is about indulging in what makes you feel good. Revenge makes you feel really good.

These are the Eleven satanic rules of the Earth, they are merely guidelines to live by, not strict rules. And unlike in Christianity there is no hell to go to, if you do not follow a rule. It is a very accepting and loving religion. This religion does not hate gays, or anyone. Race, Sexual preferance and all other factors do not apply as to whether you can be a Satanist. But there are a few things you need to know before joining with the Church Of Satan.

You need to be legal age in your country to join, as your parents may not agree with your choice in religion and may try and press lawsuits against the Church of Satan and its members. You can still be a practicing Satanist without officially joining the church. You just need to follow the basic rules. The church will not allow you to join until you have reached the age of majority in your country. And before you declare it your religion you need to understand that you will be discriminated against for it. You may find it in your best interest to keep it quiet until you are a little older.

These are a few bits of info on the satanic religion, if you want more info visit ChurchOfSatan.com.

Latest articles