Have Our Natural Rights Been Infringed? - Comments

  • soft rains.

    soft rains. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Very well written. :)
    March 25th, 2009 at 09:54pm
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Honestly, though this was a well written and obviously well thought out article, I don't see how it's any different from any of the other gay marriage articles, aside from you throwing in an explanation of rights.

    [i]Our government is corrupt, unjust, and has infringed on rights in so many ways other than just this[/i]

    I cannot name a country where the government acts [underline]exactly[/underline] the way it's supposed to. If you think the United States government is so corrupt, trying living in a country where there is no government, or where the government is REALLY corrupt.

    I think a lot of people fail to realize, the national government cannot simply make things in all states legal. Gay marriages, whether they're allowed or not, is up to the state's government and the voters of that state.

    Frankly, I don't have a problem with gay marriages. If someone wants to marry someone else, regardless of whether they're the same sex or not, then I think they should be allowed. You're right in saying that it doesn't affect or harm us in any way. I [b]do[/] think that gay marriages should be legal, but like I said, it's not up to the national government to decide.

    Very nice article. I do agree with a lot of what you had to say. :)
    March 25th, 2009 at 09:43pm
  • colour me stupid

    colour me stupid (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    To The Doctor: if civil unions gave the same rights as a marriage, that would be a different story. However, over 1,000 rights are denied to those in a civil union which are given to legally married couples. That's why there's a difference.

    I thought this article was opinionated but not necessarily attacking the American government, just simply pointing out some contradictions which are apparent in contemporary laws.

    It was well written =]
    March 25th, 2009 at 07:29pm
  • StopMotionUpgrade

    StopMotionUpgrade (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    All governments are corrupt, it simply depends on the extent.

    Over all, very well written.
    March 25th, 2009 at 06:29pm
  • The Master

    The Master (15)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Wow. You really think your government is corrupt?

    I'd like you to say that to someone from China or Zimbabwe.

    Sorry, but I opened this article, thinking I was going to get something on the treatment of Muslims by the US govenment. But it was another one on gay marriage.

    In all honesty, I couldn't give a damn about marriage because a civil partnership law is far more effective and less likely to "offend" people. I agree that people can marry whomever they want but as a topic to say that the goverment is corrupt, I think that's over-simplification as you live in a democracy and all legal requirements would have been voted in or out.

    Your beef is with the people, not the government.
    March 25th, 2009 at 03:35pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i.love.you.
    March 25th, 2009 at 02:13pm
  • TheGreatSaiyaman

    TheGreatSaiyaman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I can't thank you enough for writing this.

    I also think abortion has something to do with this too.The majority of the United States follow the Christian faith so our country is basically controlled by the many different types of Christianity. And as usual in politics, whatever they say goes, so they don't care about what the hundred of different religions believe in. They assume all religions believe that life starts at conception or, in this case, homosexuality is immoral.
    For Christians, homosexuality isn't immoral until you actually see a man or woman having intercourse with another that shares the same sex. Isn't that what the Bible says? I don't know, I haven't read it. And abortion is indeed immoral for Christians but is it immoral for the other hundreds and hundreds of different religions? I doubt it, but I don't know, I'm not a religous expert or anything.

    Technically we can't bring up religion in politics, period. They get away with it because, well, probably more than half of them are Christians. Isn't there a separation between church and state. I get really annoyed even if they say the word god.

    I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just sharing my opinion about this messed up country. Excellent article :]
    March 25th, 2009 at 12:00pm