Guys On MySpace

Guys On MySpace My friend has had this myself account for at least six years now. She’s always used anime pictures as her parents and her feared stalkers, etc. Recently though, she added real pictures of herself. The funny part about this is that before she couldn’t get messages or friends requests from anyone for anything under any circumstances. Now, she must get at least 12 friend requests a day and 5 to 6 messages as day. All of which are from different people.

My friend has never joined any of the useless ‘friend request trains’ or whatever. Especially not recently, yet she’s been getting friend requests and messages like there’s no tomorrow.

Her and I were talking about all the adds and messages and are starting to wonder, why the change? Why are guys in particular the ones sending the messages? Why are they the ones making the suddenly friend requests? She’s gotten literally one friend request and message from a girl. All the rest were from guys most of which were her age or older.

One of the said guys even asked her out to a sports game and he’s never even spoken to her once before! They don’t know each other at all. We doubt he even knows her name. She of course politely turned the guy down, but it was ridiculous. They all wanna know what she likes, where she lives (and it says on her profile), what she’s into. They’re asking all these questions.

I couldn’t help but laugh when she said she changed her status on her profile from ‘single and looking’ to ‘single and uninterested’. She’s hoping that will help but somehow we doubt it will. My friend isn’t a fan of all the attention. I can see why though. None of these people were interested in her before they saw a real picture and now they are.

Now, I do admit that my friend who will remain nameless is really pretty. No, I’m not just saying that because she’s my friend. I mean seriously, though, she is pretty. Neither of us could doubt this as an option. Since after all, all the requests and messages came right after she added the pictures. She hardly made any changes to her profile and the changes she did make were merely spelling and grammar errors. We ruled this out as a possible reason.

So she and I have found this funny. Is it the fact that men flock to pretty, skinny girls like there’s no tomorrow or is there some other reason that we have missed completely?

Latest articles