Discrimination Against Mexicans: Fair? - Comments

  • No one deserves to be discrimated against. Its completely wrong but I know people are scared and people just don't know what to do right now.Just ask yourself one question. How would you feel if your race ,or ethnic group or religion was singled out with caution.
    August 21st, 2009 at 05:22am
  • There's a mexican at my school named Jimmy, and people won't talk to him since the swine flu. And it's not like he's a nerd or anything, he has lots of friends. But no one wants to talk to him, for some reason.
    May 9th, 2009 at 06:50pm
  • No discrimination is fair.
    Ever.
    May 8th, 2009 at 10:00pm
  • No one asked if you want the virus or not.
    We're talking about the measure being taken being extremely and utterly irrational, caused out of fear and IGNORANCE.
    The government has no issue in this, yes we have a poor government but that is beside the point.
    What I meant to expose was how people were treating us even when people were residing in any place YEARS before this shit happened.
    And now they're all being frowned upon just for the sole fact that they are Mexican.
    And I didn't say people were discriminating Mexico, because in spite of this people are still traveling here, so stupid on their part whatever.
    I am saying people are discriminating Mexicans just for the sole fact that they are Mexicans, as if every single one of us was infected with the virus.
    You don't hear about USA stopping flights, you don't hear about them locking Mexicans up just for being Mexicans.
    You don't hear this about any other country.
    THAT was my point, that the Chinese government is taking measure over the top.
    May 8th, 2009 at 08:36am
  • lol i do realize i don't capitalize my crap. i don't care. any who! lol did you reread what you wrote AHS. you said it was people who came back to America FROM MEXICO. case closed. lol
    May 8th, 2009 at 04:56am
  • The Mexicans did't give you the flu. The first reported case of the swine flu was in New York when a bunch of collage kids got back from their spring from Mexico. That's when everybody started to panic.
    lslice TOAST713: If you don't want the flu, than don't go to Mexico. If Mexicans aren't allowed in American than Americans aren't allowed in Mexico. Also, please check your grammer.
    May 7th, 2009 at 10:00pm
  • this makes me laugh.
    the swine flu hasn't done shit like a regular flu does.
    the regular flu kills 150,000 people per year.
    the swine flu has barely done shit or touch atleast 1,000 deaths.
    do you hear of the deaths of people dieing of the regular flu!?
    NO!!!!!!!!!
    it's basically blown out of proportion because it's a new flu.
    sorry mexicans but the only reasons you guys have people dieing and made this flu happen is because your government sucks. literally.
    now i know im gonna be placed as racist but i don't care!
    that's for the illegals in america.
    however! mexico barely has a stable country now because of the drug war and let alone a poor health care system and people just being poor in general!
    so of course the mexicans don't take care of their pigs, animals, themselves, etc. and this had to happen.
    i'm not saying ALL mexicans are like this just the majority of them and don't disagree with me you mexicans! you know damn well i am right.
    so to answer your question.
    yes our world is being racist and discriminating mexico.
    but we don't care because we don't want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hell nobody does!
    people in ohio [i live there] have it and there has been a death about it but that's because the dumbass didn't drink liquids and sweat it out and get proper care for it.
    to me this whole swine flu is basically utter bullshit.
    May 6th, 2009 at 05:20am
  • you wanna know how this is going? well, i live right in mexico city, and well...there's nothing to do! NOTHING, as you hear it. besides, since there's this epidemy, everyone has become a paranoid, and are like..."no, dont go out because you might become ill!!" ¬¬ i personally think that swine flu is just like flu, you know? just a little bit more aggressive, other than that there's no difference. they are only acting like this because they still dont have a shot that protects you against it!
    well, president already said: " we have enough medicine for all cases of swine flu that might come up." so? why do we still have to take care of ourselves???
    you know? even in other states of our same country, they are throwing rocks at cars that say that they are from mexico city! :O so, not only in other countries are they being unfair, but in our same country too!!
    classes start in may 11th, right after 2 weeks of doing absolutely NOTHING. we had spring break, and then 4 days of classes, and right after that we had this epidemy thing!!
    and since there is no work, i have heard tons of my father's friends conplain about how bad things are, and how urgent it is for the epidemy to calm down! :/ it really is affecting the country.
    god, even my friends MISS school! and that's really extreme!!! :(
    and the worst part, is that when we go back to school next monday, everyone will be f*cking paranoid about washing hands, sneezing and stuff! they will even make us answer a questionnaire to see if we have any symptoms, and if we do, they will take us apart from the rest of the students and then make us go home and go to the doctor! D: we will also have to see what is more important for us to learn now, how will the teachers evaluate us in this two month period!! god, i just see disaster coming this way, really....
    besides, they are asking us to wear masks, and drug stores ran out of them already, and our government doesnt want to buy more...!! D:
    what i think is:" god, get over it! it's just another flu, treat it like a normal flu: rest, tons of liquids and tons of vitamin c!!"
    S: well...i really hope this gets over soon...
    May 5th, 2009 at 10:21pm
  • well, al lot of the Mexicans have the flu. and just one single guy brought it to china. So I'm really really scared. mostly because I live in the dirty parts of china.
    May 5th, 2009 at 07:36am
  • My mom was talking about this today, she was pretty pissed off. Specially because everything is paralyzed here. I don't think people realize how much this is economically affecting Mexico; hotels, airlines, restaurants. Even our education is being postponed until who knows when. Apparently, our government was forced to apply those preventive measures by an international organization before the probable cases of the flu were verified. And then you have the States, which has already reported several cases and its economy and place in the world still stands like before. My aunt lives there, and she says people aren't even wearing masks.

    It just certainly comes off as unfair to me. People everywhere are living their normal lives whereas we're just here, you know? Locked up in our houses because there are no interesting places open. Businesses are losing clients like crazy. People in restaurants are earning probably no money right now. And the whole thing in China was really discriminatory. I could've understood if they cancelled the flight, but now they're treating them like... animals, I don't know.

    And I could rant a lot more, but this article shows quite a lot. Thank you for writing it. I'm guessing discrimination will continue, but there's only so much we can do about it.
    May 5th, 2009 at 04:55am
  • completely stupid to make a discriminatory assumption. but then again, this is talking about humanity. I think some people can I agree with me when I say that I have completely lost faith in humanity. :]
    May 5th, 2009 at 04:12am
  • @weekend warriors
    Whom are you asking for a grammar check?
    May 5th, 2009 at 04:03am
  • Well, they want to protect people from H1N1... then again, it is very discriminatory.

    Don't listen to me, I'm the girl with no opinions. =)
    May 5th, 2009 at 03:36am
  • Grammar check, please.
    May 5th, 2009 at 03:28am
  • Of course it's discriminatory. But people are selfish, and will do anything they can to save their own asses, even if that includes making media-biased assumptions.
    May 5th, 2009 at 02:33am
  • oh and i know that at a local school, they asked who had gone to mexico in the past 6 months and of course, where i live there are a lot of people who go to mexico frequently. they sent all of those kids home, when they didn't even look sick and said that they couldnt come back for like a week....
    May 5th, 2009 at 02:19am
  • [b]MusicalGigixoxo[/b]
    Maybe you should do your research? You cannot get the Swine Flu from eating pork products. Might want to know your facts before you start to argue.

    Discrimination is never fair. So it came from Mexico, it doesn't mean they're all contaminated. Most where I live are Mexicans and yet my state has only found one case of the Swine Flu. Not all Mexicans are contaminated. This discrimination is rather stupid.
    May 5th, 2009 at 02:19am
  • my avid teacher, also the MeCHA club leader, was talking about that last week. he was really mad. He said that he went to the mall and coughed into his sleeve and a bunch of people backed away from him...and he's mexican...so i don't know...it's pretty funny...and i heard that one country is calling it "the mexican flu" because they don't eat pig and dont like to refer to it as the 'swine flu'
    May 5th, 2009 at 02:16am
  • @[b]MusicalGigi:[/b] Sorry, but you're being a bitch. Do you have any proof at all about what you just said? There is no possible way you can get Swine Flu from eating pork. Any kind of pork must be cooked all the way through before it is edible. Cooking it would kill any viruses in it, therefore, the H1N1, or whatever it's called these days would be gone from it.

    And unless you're Jewish, what's so bad about pork?
    May 4th, 2009 at 08:06pm
  • MusicalGigixoxo I'm sorry but it's been proven that swine flu does NOT come from eating pork, it was transmited by a pork and then spread through humans, it was never caused by anyone eating pig, and that's why people in the middle East and Africa have been frowned upon for killing the amount of pigs they did.
    Again I'm sorry but saying it was our fault for eating pig is completely out of line.
    May 4th, 2009 at 05:49pm