This Is So Far From The End

This Is So Far From The End So I've been thinking a lot about this. I hear people say "Oh, they don't WRITE love on their arms, they CARVE it" and things like "Ohh, I hate my life" and then laugh. And it's horrible. Because some people actually scream hate to the world, and it's taken as a joke. And before we know it, it's too late.

Suicide has become a more widely known subject in today's world, but just because we hear it, it doesn't mean that people will actually try to put an end to it. Depression, substance abuse, bi-polar disorder, it's all become a joke to teens. Some realize how serious this is, while others keep treating it lightly, and not understanding how serious the consequences can get. I'm not saying all teens are like this, because they aren't. But the ones who are need to finally wake up and see what damage that they create.

All through my school year, I saw jokes about suicide occur in almost every class, with people half outside of the two-story window, laughing as if imitating suicide was the funniest thing they had ever seen, proclaiming that their life was over and that they had no more to live for. And then there were kids in the back, the corner, the middle of the room ,who stayed silent and looked down. Those were kids who knew what it was like to hate life. I was one of them.

Cutting isn't funny, and how deep is too deep? I'm deeply grateful that I haven't had to experience a loss that was caused by that own person, but how many others have? Thousands? Millions? And it's still not enough.

There's a girl in my class. She doesn't have many friends, and I've been in the middle of situations where she's been picked on and made fun of constantly, and it never ended. People would talk about how she just needed to go kill herself already, that nobody wanted her. But that doesn't matter if people don't like her, she's still a human and she still deserves to be treated like one.

It doesn't matter how a person dresses, or what kind of music they listen to, they still are humans, and they deserve every shot at life that they can get, and when others make fun of them, or joke around about something that they are very emotional about, it just hurts them more.

We all know the statistics. You've probably had to sit through a seminar about it. But my guess is that you won't really pay attention to it unless you've had to experience it in some way. For some, it's not like this, but for too many, it is. And it's time for that to end. This was written by a broken person, for a broken person. Please, don't let hate spread any further.

Latest articles