What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted?

What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted? We've seen the effects of a broken system, so many children's fates are being written by the wrong people. It is so easy to put blame to Social Services for what they've appeared to allow happen underneath all our noses. But where did the breakdown really happen?

All the research in the world couldn't infiltrate the tangle and mess that is supposed to be the collective force protecting our children and families. Many would say that baby P's incident was overlooked because the Service wanted the family to remain together, but what family?

No matter how strong a team is it takes one person to cause a house of cards to collapse, no one is an island, no one is a one man army, unfortunately there was a break down of communication and teamwork. Many would also say human rights got in the way, people would argue that you cannot put the blame on one person, on a handful of people, but what we're all forgetting is that it goes beyond that. The priority is "them".

Those children of whom the services are supposed to be working for. It doesn't matter about changing the families mind set through a series of counseling or therapy, or keeping people together, how the system should or should not work, who is to take the blame when the house of cards eventually collapses. The priority at the end of it all remains the same. The solution, we all know what it is, but whether our work force decide to knuckle down and follow their values and morals rather than a book, in a situation such as Baby P, the book is obsolete.

What is it that our superhero comics or movies all say to the villain when they cause bad things to happen - "You can't do this - Because it's wrong." And people laugh and say, "Get your head in the real world."

Is this the real world we live in where our cartoon characters have better hearts and minds, better moral values than we do? And we still discover that this how our children cope with the real world. It's no wonder people get their heads stuck in the separate world of a book, or a dream, when we are so sick of living the reality.

The social services are supposed to be the Superman children really need, instead all they have is the reality. The reality that is the failure of the system.

Latest articles