The Effects of Divorce

The Effects of Divorce Divorce. In our society it's considered pretty usual, but no matter how common it is it will always hurt the kids in the family. No parent could understand what pain a child goes throught knowing that their lifestlyes, their relationships with their parents, their homes, and their entire world will never be the same.

Sometimes kids think that their parents should get a divorce because they're constantly fighting and there is too much tension in the house. In cases like that it is better to get a divorce if you know positively that you can't work it out.

However, many adults just want to quit and have it over with instead of trying and putting their full dedication to trying and fixing the problem. So many kids' parents get a divorce and many children are torn about it more than the parents know, but a lot of kids can't just scream and cry to try and go against their parents decision because a lot of times if parents are telling the kids about it, it really is final, so kids keep their emotions in and in result are stressed and confused. Unless it's happened to you, you can not understand the pressure of what it feels like when you learn that your parents are getting a divorce. You feel like you have to take sides, you can't talk to one parent about the other without awkwardness, and if your parents start to date other people and you like them you feel like you might be betraying your other parent.

A lot of teens lose their social lives becuase both their parents are proabably working now and can't take them places or they have to stay home and act as a guardian for their younger siblings. They have to take on a lot of responsibilities in addition to watching out for the younger children in the family, such as cleaning the house because their parents are too tired or busy, cooking for the family for the same reasons, looking after any pets, and other similar household duties.

My parents got divorced when I was young and since then many of my friends' parents have gone their seperate ways and as a friend I feel helpless to console their pain, and I hate that feeling. Divorce is getting too common these days and if parents could try, just try, to go the extra mile there might be less pain in the world.

Latest articles