Race To End Rasism

Race To End Rasism There are African Americans, Asian Americans, Mexican Americans, Arab Americans and a lot of others but why can't we just be Americans? Why the need for a description of where you came from? You're here in America now, and does it matter to you where you came from that much that you feel the need to change your title to include what you are even though we're all Americans and all human?

There is Black History Month, United Negro College Fund, Cesar Chavez Day, Ma'uled Al-Nabi, and then whites don't really have anything, and if we did, we'd be called racist. Why can't we all just be together? What's wrong with us getting out of school on George Washington's birthday one year as well as Martin Luther King Jr. Day?

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then just Chamber of Commerce. Why? Why can't we all just be one big United Chamber of Commerce? There's a Miss Black American Pageant that Mexicans, Whites, and Asians can't be, but everyone can be in the Miss America pageant. Is the regular one not good enough for them?

People say they are proud to be Mexican, Black, Asian, Arab, etc. Why can't we just be proud to be an American? We are dividing in ourselves by saying that we are different. We should all be proud of the things that are similar between us. By saying that I'm in a different group it not only excludes others but makes it so that they feel they should be in a group too, and soon we'll all be separate, having nothing do with each other.

There's nothing wrong with saying that you're proud of who you are and being different, but there is something wrong with not being proud of having similarities to other people. If nothing else, be proud you're an American and have that in common.

Latest articles