Disrespectful And Rude Children

Disrespectful And Rude Children I have little sympathy for parents who treat their kids like they haven’t done anything wrong, when the child clearly did. If it’s back talk, or just whining about something when they already got an answer.

For example, I was going grocery shopping, when I walked down one of the isles and saw a young child around 4-6 years old throwing a giant hissy fit because they couldn’t get the kind of food they wanted.

I was clearly annoyed but I tried to hide it. If I had ever acted like that when I was younger, I would have gotten a spanking at home or in public. I find it embarrassing when you have a child in public with you and the act stubborn and/or just start throwing a tantrum over nothing. Believe me, it has happened to me before.

I was with my cousin shopping and she brought with her 6 year old daughter, Felicia. Well, when I was getting myself a caribou coffee, Felicia wanted some and I told her no. She started tearing up, stomping her foot, and everything possible. I was in utter shock and embarrassment. People stared and I disciplined her. She got a spanking. After that, Felicia behaved the whole time.

I’ve seen 4 year old back talk their parents and I’ve seen a young child tell his grandfather to F*** off. I couldn’t believe my ears. The grandfather did nothing but shake his head and have a talk with the parents. Those are things that can make a child a trouble maker and raise rude, disrespectful children.

This one day I was at our local gas station and I saw a young mother with her boy. The child wanted candy but his mother said no. The child started throwing a tantrum like many times I have seen kids do. I couldn’t help but overhear the mother tell her some to stop or else he would have to sit in his room for 15 minutes and think about his actions. The child hushed down and after the mother paid for her gas, she went back and got the candy that her son had wanted. He was rewarded for being good.

At that moment, the boy was going to throw something away but I was in his way. “Excuse me.” He told me.

I moved and smiled. The boy told me "thank you" and I replied with a "welcome". After that, I was in a good mood the rest of the day. It helped me with my theory about not all kids being disrespectful and rude.

Latest articles