Plagiarism - The Real Deal - Comments

  • A few of my "friends" insisted that I plagiarised a "friend" of mine. -_-
    March 6th, 2010 at 06:23am
  • I got accused of plagiarism several times in my english class my sophomore year of high school. It really pissed me off, because I didn't even plagiarize. My teacher threatened me and said that I must have plagiarized because it didn't sound like my writing. However, she was going off of my class journal, which I didn't have to write properly in. I could not believe she was accusing me of plagiarism because my essay was written more properly than in my stupid class journal.
    February 8th, 2010 at 05:27pm
  • There's actually plenty of plagiarism on this site, in the poem section especially.
    I've commented on many people's "poems" to tell them it's obvious that they copy and pasted, and they always respond by either an immature "SHUT UP I"LL DO WHAT I WANT" or a denial like "I wasn't trying to say it was mine. I'm just posting it because I like it."
    It's such bull. It makes me unbelievably angry.
    January 31st, 2010 at 06:44am
  • I got accused of plagiarism on my history term paper. Not because my paragraphs were too close to the sources-because I didn't have grammar mistakes. But, yeah, plagiarizers need to find another way to do things.
    January 31st, 2010 at 05:24am
  • This sounds more like a journal entry~ Didn't give a whole lot of information. . But there's also a fine line between Plagiarism and being inspired to do something similar. :/
    January 31st, 2010 at 02:05am
  • I really don't like plaigiarism, and I really think it's wrong but I think that some teachers, like when you're writing an essay or something, are a little TOO OCD about it. My language teacher said I plaigiarised the word "up hill." How did I do that? I'm still working on it and she took off seven points for that and I forgot to cite one sentence! Sorry, slight rant (it ruined my grade for the triemester) . Anyway point is, some people can take plaigiarism too far but good article! ^^
    January 30th, 2010 at 09:04pm
  • Plagerism isn't a good thing, but in some cases it's unvoidable.
    Thing of it this way: what's the difference between inspiration and direct copy?
    I took the main idea out of my favorite cartoon for a story, but I called it inspiration, would you?
    Plagerism is subjective, that's my point.

    But of course there are obvious cases, I have a friend who pretty much plagerized all my stories and doesn't realize that it's plagerizing in my definition, that's why I let her get away with it.
    January 30th, 2010 at 08:29am
  • I've been plagiarized two times. They've both been very nice about it though and took the story down once confronted. So it never turned into a problem for me.

    But I don't think this necessarily should have been an article, more like a journal.
    January 30th, 2010 at 12:08am
  • This should of been a journal actually..
    January 29th, 2010 at 02:04pm
  • I wish this contained more information. It just seemed like you wanted to include some information that all centers around a personal experience...
    January 29th, 2010 at 10:23am
  • I've had it happen TWICE. I was SOOOO mad, then she denied it she had four chapters post and the story was finished! My co-author and I were on the sequel when I found it, who is so untalented that they need someone else's feedback? Where is the sense of accomplishment in that? I don't understand why they have to steal its so stupid, not to mention every site has a zero tolerance policy for stealing other peoples work.

    I had both of them spammed off of the site, I don't take well to people stealing my work. Its just not fair to the author, who worked so hard on the story.
    January 29th, 2010 at 09:40am
  • You didn't answer any of your intro questions...
    January 29th, 2010 at 04:49am
  • I know what you mean, love.
    I was plagiarized a few times. And man, I was beyond pissed.
    She denied it too. |sigh|
    January 29th, 2010 at 04:26am
  • I hate plagerism. And I hope it never happens to me.
    January 29th, 2010 at 01:13am