From a Normal Kid, to a Teen Pop Sensation

From a Normal Kid, to a Teen Pop Sensation Justin Bieber. You've probably heard his name before, and that is because he is a new pop sensation. Anyone can find out what he's up to now by just visiting his twitter (which he always updates) or googling him. But what a lot of people want to know is: what happened before this all? Who was he? How did he get here? And that's why I'm here.

Let's start with the basics. His name is Justin Drew Bieber. He grew up in Stratford, Ontario in Canada. He was just a normal small town boy. His mom became pregnant with him when she was only eighteen years old. She became engaged with Justin's father, Jeremy Bieber, but they split when Justin was only ten months old.

Justin started playing drums at the mere age of two, just banging on pots and anything he could until he got a drum set. But that wasn't it, as he grew up with a family that was very musical, he also taught himself how to play the trumpet, piano, and guitar. He also taught himself how to sing. He never had any lessons, a singing coach, anything, until he became famous. Justin never really sang in public until he entered an annual singing competition, Stratford Idol, in his town. He took second in this competition, being beaten by an eighteen year old. One judge, who thought Justin should have won the competition, got up and left when the winners were announced. All this happened when Justin was just twelve years old, the youngest you could be to enter the competition - eighteen being the oldest.

When Justin sang then, his mother recorded it so that friends and family who couldn't be there to see the competition could witness his talent. After the competition, when she tried to send the e-mail the file was too big, so she posted it to YouTube instead -they are still up today- on Justin's channel Kidrauhl. After this, his videos were getting comments and subscriptions, and he was getting requests of songs he should sing. People really liked his videos. He had many people offering to be his manager, but his mother Pattie didn't like the idea of him being in the music industry and declined.

Then he started busking, sing on the streets. He would put his guitar case out and he would make from $150 to $200 an hour. He made enough money one summer to take him and his mom on a vacation. Even though Pattie said no to the music industry once before, Scooter came along and wasn't going to take no as an answer. He really wanted to meet Justin and secure the talent he had found. He had even contacted Justin's school, an aunt Justin had never even met, and many more people trying to do so.

Finally Pattie gave in and Scooter flew them from Stratford, Ontario to Atlanta, Georgia with no strings attached. Going into a studio one day, Justin saw Usher outside. He ran up to him and was like, "Usher, Usher, I love your songs, want me to sing you one?" Usher just kind of blew him off thinking he was Scooter's nephew or something, and told him that he should go inside because it was below thirty degrees (Fahrenheit) outside. Justin was bummed that he didn't get to sing for Usher, but that didn't last long. After a little while, Scooter talked to Usher and Usher flew Justin back so he could hear him sing in person. That is when he knew he had to have him. They got him a record deal with L.A. Reid.

And soon they were making singles. His first single "One Time" came out on Itunes on July 7, 2009. From there he just blew up to what he is now today, a top selling artist, with two albums out, My World and My World 2.0.

All of this is why Justin Bieber is my Hero. He started out in a small town, with not a lot of money, and now he's made it big. Not only is he a great singer, he has the looks, the style, the hair, and the gentlemen ways. There is one more reason why he is my hero, its because he truly loves his fans. He knows that he wouldn't be where he is today without them, and he reminds us fans of that all the time. He does what he can for us, whether it is putting on a great show or a meet and greet, to visiting his younger fans on the Jimmy Kimmel show. He makes us feel special. And that is why Justin Bieber is my hero.

Latest articles