Mibba: The New Myspace or Facebook?

Mibba: The new MySpace or Facebook? Lately as I have been going around profiles here on Mibba in hopes to find new authors and new and good stories, all I have found is profiles of this type:

- No stories.
- No poems.
- No journals.
- Over ten photos of self.
- About me section: Drop me some photo comments, they make me happy / I'm offline but keep commenting, I'll try to get back to you as soon as I get online.

What is this?

As time goes by and Mibba gets more famous and famous every day, I feel as if because of the newcomers, this website is losing its true essence: somewhere where people like you and me, unpublished authors or just people looking to train their creative writing, can post and show others their works.

I don't understand what the purpose of creating an account is, if you're not here to write something, but just hoping to get many photo comments and profile comments. It won't make you famous, if that's what you're thinking, no. This isn't MySpace, Facebook, Lookbook.nu, nothing like that.

This is a place where people write, share their thoughts and get in touch with other people from all parts of the world, who share the same interest: writing. You don't have to be super good at it nor you need to write fan-fics or original stories only, whatever it is that you're writing is already something.

This, this website right here, is a creative writing community.

And with this, I'm not saying that you can't post pictures of yourself in here or anything of that sort, I'm just saying that that is an extra to the whole point of this website. As you share your works with other people, you start "collecting" people who enjoy your work and want to get to know the "man behind the scenes".

If this wasn't a website made to help you get in contact with plenty of other people scattered around the world, I'm sure they wouldn't allow comments and so on, but that is not the core of it, it isn't the reason why this website was created.

What makes me angry in all of this is that the people that aren't as interested in writing as some of you are, are taking your place and they don't even deserve it.

Creative writing community, NOT a social networking website.

Latest articles