Is Islam a Violent Religion? - Comments

  • As a Muslim I feel very sad when someone claims Islam as a religion of War, it truly isn't- the word Islam means peace! I feel very sorry for those who think all Muslims are terrorists, because they are uneducated. Glad to see someone finally decided to speak the truth. The media is definitely lying.
    May 27th, 2013 at 08:00am
  • agree.. it's the media hyping all of it :/
    but good article and true. don't generalize or stereotype. and biggest thing never buy into the media.
    November 14th, 2010 at 02:14pm
  • 002.191
    YUSUFALI: And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
    PICKTHAL: And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.
    SHAKIR: And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.



    ... No, not violent at all.

    The religion, like any old religion, is horribly violent, but the majority of people aren't.
    November 11th, 2010 at 01:46am
  • As a muslim I've come across mainly on youtube so many ignorant people who tend to always generalise anyone who is a muslim to be a terrorist. When clearly you can have ALL kinds of terrorists, the media is and has been one factor which has influenced people to think this, the other being fear. Fear of not knowing what and who a muslim is.

    As an introduction you made some very good points and I like how it wasn't biased.
    Btw the month is Ramadan not Raminin which made me lol, cute mistake :)
    November 5th, 2010 at 01:01am
  • My best friend is Islamic.
    I hate that some people blame a whole religion just for what a few people did.
    I mean, she's as innocent as 13 year olds can be.
    October 13th, 2010 at 01:42am
  • Great start, more info next time? (:
    I agree with you; Islamic people are always clumped into some crazy terrorists when really, terrorists can come from any religion. Hell, I consider terrorism to be any sort of genocide. Agreed completely.

    xoxo
    October 11th, 2010 at 03:05am
  • I really, really like what you tried to do and I agree with you.
    But as it is an article, a more in depth study of Islam would be a lot better.
    Also, citing where you got your facts is always good.
    Even if its just stuff you already know, its always good to find a source that backs you up.
    To make this more effective, I suggest you edit it to be longer and more in depth.
    Great start, though:]
    October 10th, 2010 at 03:03am
  • While this may be a great start, the article could have used much more. Maybe you could have used a few more things actually written in the Koran. Just a suggestion, though.
    October 9th, 2010 at 11:56pm
  • they all acted like i was screaming it from the start.
    so excuse me for giving it to them with the next two.
    October 9th, 2010 at 09:53pm
  • the first one.
    October 9th, 2010 at 09:51pm
  • well i pretty much got told to go off somewhere for mine.
    October 9th, 2010 at 09:51pm
  • [b]Koosh ball[/b] Opinions are opinions, don’t bash people for having their own.
    October 9th, 2010 at 08:12am
  • The person who wrote this article took all of these comments well.
    Some others might like to look through this mibba magazine article [ http://mibbamagazine.com/articles/79 ].
    October 8th, 2010 at 05:20pm
  • that's the way you read it. yes i did generalize, but it's the subject of said generalizing that you didn't comprehend.

    besides i didn't say they were all extremists, i just said all the silent ones are pretty much in agreement with them. agreeing doesn't make them one and the same. just that it comes off as them tolerating something that shouldn't be tolerated.

    i don't even watch t.v.
    October 7th, 2010 at 11:08pm
  • That is the statement that made me point out that you generalized. The way you said it was generalizing.

    Actually, the "burying" is the media ONLY reporting the bad things you hear. Extremists are the only ones you hear and you think it's burying the peaceful, but it's not.

    Unless you believe that a group of people can bury a large mass. There are TONS of peaceful Muslims. One sits behind me in Spanish, and shes awesome.
    October 7th, 2010 at 10:59pm
  • if talking about the perversed version of the faith (islam) is generalizing, then excuse me. that is your first mistake. read it again. i did not generalize or stereotype. i didn't say all muslims. when i said 'perversion of islam' that meant all islamic extremists, not all it's muslim followers.

    and i'm just going to have to say that for the "present time being", it is a violent religion. because the peaceful aspect is currently being buried by those that act violent. that's just too bad, those that don't share the extremist views really aren't helping themselves by being silent because silence in my eyes is agreement.
    majority wins, and you can all guess which one is in the lead.
    pretty soon there won't be the original peaceful religion left.
    that's just the way it is. i didn't used to think this way. be passive if you want but things change and so do opinions. so yeah, now i'm generalizing, but not out of ignorance. if thinking those that are silent are pretty much in agreement is being ignorant then fine. at least i know the difference.
    October 7th, 2010 at 08:17pm
  • @Amanda: You are completely right. I completely agree with you :)
    October 7th, 2010 at 05:45am
  • The extremeists contribute to the negative steriotype.
    As American's we need to acknowlege the extremeists we have in our country. We have people who blow up abortion clinics in the name of God, people who raise MILLIONS of dollars to block the legalization of same-sex marriage, people who brainwash children.

    America is a great country and it's a shame we can't respect the beliefs of certain religions.
    October 7th, 2010 at 04:27am
  • Thank you for this article. :]
    October 7th, 2010 at 04:08am
  • NOT ALL islam people are violent. I have a friend who's family is the nicest people I've ever met. But then there's ones like you said 'the extremes' that go a bit too far.
    October 7th, 2010 at 03:48am