Homosexual Discrimination - Comments

  • I believe there's a rise in it and I think it's for many reasons but if I were to sum it up into one category, I would say it's one issue. Because I've gotten band for some things I've said about it, I'm only going to say this...
    I don't believe someone is born with homosexualitly. That is all I have to say...
    August 11th, 2010 at 07:39pm
  • I think 'God' cares more about what good deads you do and how you treat people then who you love/sleep with/make love with. I mean if he really was that angry wouldn't he have done something. Like seriously.
    January 14th, 2009 at 11:37pm
  • WOOO YAY! homophobia sucks...seriously tho so many hate crimes go on :( HELP STOP IT JOIN A GSA
    October 13th, 2008 at 04:06am
  • I don't think there's a rise in the number of homosexual people.
    Just more people feel able to come out.
    Which, in my opinion, is good, because it means we are living in a more tolerant society. :)
    September 1st, 2008 at 08:16pm
  • I'm straight and am a strong supporter of the gay and transgendered community.

    They're people too, so why should they be treated different? It's like back over fifty+ years ago when blacks were separated from the whites, ect. It's wrong, because they're human, too.

    To be honest, I would rather see two men that are in love get married than a man and a woman who aren't so sure about their love walking down the aisle.
    August 8th, 2008 at 11:55pm
  • I agree.

    Love is love, no matter what gender.
    Why should we discriminate someone because of what they like or how they act and when did homosexuality just become about sexual relations?
    It's about feelings and how people are attracted to eachother because of their [i]personality[/i], not their gender.
    July 17th, 2008 at 05:07am
  • I remember when I was a junior in high school we had the big thing against using the word "gay". I remember how me and my best friend used to scowl at people who said it in daily conversation, and eventually no one would use the word around us. I remember one time a homophobic friend of ours said the word to spite my friend, and she threw a giant history text book at his face. Since then he has been very selective with his word choice around her, and so has everyone else. (My friend is straight.)
    June 18th, 2008 at 11:04pm
  • I'm not jumping for joy for gays but I'm not bashing them either. I'm not one of those people who say, "God says it's not natural." If God is God He will understand. And I strongly believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion -- to his or her own life.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 04:38pm
  • I agree. Respect is a big thing that just gets stepped on all over. Nice article. You have choppy sentences, though. Gotta watch out for those.
    March 5th, 2008 at 03:52pm
  • I rememeber when you wrote that....
    True words.
    February 26th, 2008 at 10:06pm
  • nice article, i see where ur coming from.

    Everyone in this world should be respected for whatever they are and want to be, reguardless or age, race, religion and sexuality.

    Homophobia is plainly ignorance, just not wanting to know how or why a person is a homosexual freaks some people out purely out of social culture and tradition. But I think it's time we grow up and accept everyone.

    We were all put on this earth for the same reason, to live, how you do live is out of choice but at the end of the day we are all human, we're all the same we should accept our differences and move on. =]
    January 23rd, 2008 at 10:09am
  • Its stupid that some people think God hates homosexuals.

    People are too full of hatred. -_-

    I enjoyed this article. ^_^
    January 13th, 2008 at 05:20pm
  • I totally agree with you. Love is love.
    January 4th, 2008 at 04:48am
  • Good job. Somewhat short but excellent work.
    January 2nd, 2008 at 04:40am
  • Fantastic article. I once threw someones stuff out of a window because they told me it was "gay" to annoy them. I said "gay?" and he said yes, gay, and also that I was a lesbian and he hated me for it. So I threw his bag out the window. and i dont regret it, in fact i think i should of spat on it or something. its so stupid, how can you hate someone for something that has nothing to do with you? (btw, im not a lesbian im bi, but he doesnt actually know the difference)

    like its been said, god doesnt hate anyone, god fucking loved hitler even! i think god would be more disgusted at the hatred of godhatesfags than at a loving relationship between two men/two women.

    and actually, i can deal with some dislike of homosexuality. i know someone who is a better christian than me in many ways and said he would be ashamed if he had a kid who fucked around, was gay/bi, lived in sin, those sort of things, and hed be ashamed if they renounced the faith later. he said hed still love them and pray that they were better (not in the illness way, in the behaviour way) and he said that hes my friend even though ive done a lot of bad things wrong XD that i dont mind.

    my mother, however, says that gay marriage is against our beliefs. she says its not natural and they cant have kids. i said, what about a woman who has a historectomy before she gets married due to health or something? my mother refused to go into it. she does, however, claim not to be homophobic.

    ha. ill never tell her im bi unless i have to introduce her to my new girlfriend XD
    January 2nd, 2008 at 03:29am
  • I agree with Missand. Most believe it's god who does not like homosexuals, but the truth is it is the people who do not. It is the people who have the problem. The lord does not ask that we discriminate against our brothers and sisters even when we think it is wrong because we all have sins, therefore who are no one to point fingers.
    December 31st, 2007 at 07:40pm
  • I think the article as a whole needed a little more work. You are too deep into emotion. It needed more concrete fact than it had.

    Now I speak as someone who is sharing their opinion. I was taught to believe it was wrong. At the same time though I as a person aside my faith build my own beliefs. I cannot say if it is wrong or not god judges that. And from what I've seen the bible can always be interpreted and twisted to fit one's way of thinking. They've done it numerous times in the past. So again I say live life as one's heart pleases, but do it for the right reasons. Also it isn't a sin to be a homosexual. It is seen as a sin when one acts upon it and it isn't seen worse compared to other sins. All sins are equal no ones is greater. In this life we will make many. We aren't perfect. God knows and understands that and mercy awaits.
    December 31st, 2007 at 07:34pm
  • Another thing, regarding the fact that homosexuality is a sin, the Lord thinks of all sins the same, but when you lie to a friend over something stupid, we don't consider that as horrible as homosexuality, and we don't discriminate against them...

    I for one believe that if you are in love, so be it. Just because you can't have children, doesn't mean you should be discriminated against. My mother had ovarian cancer, and had to get her ovaries taken out (I and my brother were both adopted), but she doesn't get discriminated against because of it.

    Homophobic people are usually just very very ignorant.
    December 31st, 2007 at 09:36am
  • Your article is good, but some sentances seem a little blunt, and too short.

    Try filling out your paragraphs with more sentances.

    But other than that, a good article.
    December 29th, 2007 at 03:41pm
  • God loves all his people, no matter what the colour, creed,name, race, sexuality.

    If god really loves everyone the same, why do people say he hates gays.

    It's not god who hates them, it's people.
    December 26th, 2007 at 05:40pm