Love Has No Gender

Love Has No Gender Let me paint you a picture, for I am an artist: Imagine, not now but later, once you are past the days of cooties and hormones to a wiser time, you have met the most wonderful person you have ever seen. They fill your days with smiles and laughter. Every thing about them is perfect. The only desire you have is to spend the rest of your life with them. To join hands in marriage.

Now let me crumble that painting. For that is what the government has done. Why is love illegal? Your ancestors died for your rights and the pursuit of happiness. Now, in a perfect picture you would be able to marry the person you love, but this is not a perfect picture. This is the cruel reality of a gay or lesbian couple.

I, for one, will stand quiet no longer! This abomination of the constitution! If love is blind, then why does it see a sex instead of a heart? I will not be silenced and watch my friends and family be denied their American rights! It's 2010, not 1910. Times have changed! The government belongs in the White House, not a wedding.

Now let me read you some numbers, for I am a logical person. 15. 15% of women are lesbians. 15. 15% of men are gay. 15. That’s 30% of America’s population that are homosexual. Other countries have gay marriage, take Germany for example. Why are we Americans one of the last to do so when we clam we are the freest and most nonjudgmental country there is? And tell me something, does two men getting married in California effect your life here in Kernersville at all? NO!

Now I would to paint you another picture: Imagine the loveless, cold walls of an orphanage. The tears and sobs of parent-less children filling the only sound. A child who has not been poisoned of prejudice and hate doesn’t see two women or two men, they see two people who love them. They don’t see a gay couple, they see a family. Most adoption laws require a married couple. Leaving hundreds of love-deprived orphans without parents just because gay marriage is not yet legal. Who are they to deny a life of happiness for not only a child but an American couple?

In fact, the only arguments against gay marriage are ludicrous and illogical. One of the main reasons state is that marriage is between a man and a woman. Not too long ago, marriage was defined as a union of two people of the same RACE! Now it is not.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be legal. I don’t like tacos, does that mean that the cafeteria can’t serve tacos? NO! I simply don’t eat that for lunch. If you don’t like gay marriage, don’t get one.

In the bible it states that being gay is wrong and unholy. Why would God make such a person? Research has found that being gay is NOT a choice. Instead it is a defect in the brain that causes a person to be attracted to their own sex. Hence there are so called “gay” animals as well. Do you blame an autistic child for their illness? Do you blame a cancer patient for their illness? No. So why would blame someone for being gay, when that’s how they were born, and that’s how they will die?

I’ll tell you why the bible says such a thing. That part, as well some others, were put in by the kings in order to control the population. Look it up. The second testament was written by them.

Another argument would be AIDS. Gays are NOT solely responsible for the spread of AIDS. The human race is, gay or straight. What happens is, a virus is introduced into a closed community where it thrives such as any other virus would. In fact the biggest way AIDS spread is through drug users who reuse needles. It is wrong to assume all gays practice unsafe and promiscuous sex, when drug abusers are more likely to do so. AIDS is caused by HIV which is present in heterosexuals as well. And tell me how would homosexuals getting married make it any worse? If anything, if you still believe that they are the cause, then wouldn’t it make it better?

So I will ask you again: Who are you to let his injustice go unpunished? Gay or straight, black or white, rich or poor, we all deserve the right to be with the one we love and to be married that person. Don’t stand by and watch as people suffer.

So sever all your religious ties that tell you what to think, and look into your heart for the answer.

When, are we going to let go of hate?
When, are we going to stop the injustice?
When, are we going to say love has no gender?
When, are we going to let love be?

This is the part where we stand up and scream from every mountain and every hill top, that THIS IS AMERICA! To scream that this is our RIGHT! Gay or straight we are all the same inside our hearts! And one day not to far over the horizon the bells of a chapel will ring along side the bells of liberty. In this proud nation of ours.

Latest articles