Religious Robots - Comments

  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    While this entire article was journal entry material, unsupported meandering, the last paragraph made me want to vomit. [i]Maybe[/i] it's because of my own personal belief that there is nothing beautiful about a pushy, exclusive, dogmatic group that discourages free thought, logic and reason, or maybe it's because it just shot anything credible in this article to hell.

    Before the conclusion, I did agree with the rather general, surface-level meaning to the words. Though I often take that a step further and say raising a child in a very strict religious manner without any room for their own freedom of thought is nothing short of abuse. And influencing a child with beliefs certainly will effect them in later life. There is absolutely no doubt about that. It's a terrible shame to have parents telling kids they'll go to hell. It's psychological abuse, plain and simple.

    However, the last part is… Laughable. It was preachy and earnest like it's trying to redeem all the horrible things religion does to people (you know, the ones that were just talked about). It would make anyone with a functioning brain discredit the rest of the article. But they probably won't. Because religion is [i]beautiful[/i], and a lot of people are easily brain-washed robots.

    So maybe you're proving a point that way. And that's… Pretty damn clever.
    December 7th, 2010 at 12:53am
  • sweet clementine.

    sweet clementine. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    A well-written article on a touchy subject.
    December 7th, 2010 at 12:19am
  • sore thumb;

    sore thumb; (315)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    Actually, I believe that there are people who think of these things. Like me.
    My mother was born and raised Catholic, and she considers herself devout. She preaches about God to my brother, father, and I. But Dad, my brother, and I are all atheists and honestly, don't really appreciate it.
    Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but please, don't force your religion onto us.
    --Sadie.
    December 6th, 2010 at 11:07pm