Escaping A Kidnapper

Have you ever had that feeling that you were being watched? That moment when it feels like your heart is going to beat straight out of your chest? Do you hate walking alone, especially at night? That feeling is normal because every 40 seconds in the United States a child is reported missing or abducted. But it's not only children that get kidnapped, teenagers and adults can be abducted too. No one is safe.

Here are some tips to escape a potential kidnapping:

Make noise. The more noise you make, the more attention it will bring and the more likely you are to escape.

Never get in a vehicle with a stranger. One of the most important things to do to avoid a kidnapping is to stay clear of strangers, especially when it come to accepting rides from one. Never get into a car with someone you do not know.

Run! If a stranger tries to lure you into a vehicle with a promise, threat, or weapon, run away and get help.

Make a scene. Bite, thrash, hit and scream. Do anything you can to get away. Don't be afraid to make a scene and draw attention to your situation.

Follow your instincts. Be aware of your surrounding and listen to your instincts. If someone or something doesn't seem right, remove yourself fromt eh situation and find a safe place.

There's safety in numbers. Avoid traveling alone. Kidnappers are less likley to strike a person who is traveling with a friend or group.

If you find yourself in the kidnapper's vehicle, here's a few things you can do to get away:

  • Jump out the door when the car isn't in motion.
  • Grab the steering wheel while he's in mid-turn.
  • Grab the ignition key to turn off the engine.

Kidnapping is a very serious crime and it is growing at an increasingly alarming rate. The first 24 hours of being kidnapped are very vital and most kidnapping victims end up dead or never found. Always be cautious.

Latest articles