The Feminist Breeder

I know what you're thinking: What? A boy? Playing with a dollhouse? Well that isn't right! According to Miss Gina Crosley- Corcoran, it's perfectly right.

Gina, otherwise known as the "Feminist Breeder," doesn't believe in "Gender Neutral." Basically, that's putting 'boy' things with 'boy things,' and 'girl' things with 'girl' things. But, the picture above completely goes against the rules. Gina believes her two sons, Jonas and Jules, and daughter, Jolene, should be interested in what kids the opposite sex are generally/usually interested in. For example, boys playing trucks, Hot Wheels, wearing pirate costumes, liking dinosaurs, etc. Or girls, dressing up as princesses, painting their nails, and wearing tiaras for her birthday. Well, Gina does not go that way. She encourages her kids to like and play with things meant for the opposite gender. See that picture up there? That's Jonas, playing with his sister's princess dollhouse, with his sister playing right along with him. Does Gina mind? Of course not! She hopes that her sons get the chance to act like girls, and vice versa.

Does Gina want her kids to be homosexual? Probably not. She just wants them to look at the world from a different perspective, and to not be sexist.

This is Jonas showing off his painted fingernails, which his mother did for him. Did Gina push her son to get his nails painted? Nope. He asked for them to be painted. Now how many parents do you know let their sons paint their nails, or play with dollhouses? I don't know, that's for sure. Was Jonas teased at school? Of course, but he just brushed it off, saying all rock stars paint their nails (him and his brother adore music, just like Gina did when she was younger- she was in a band). Jules painted his nails as well, and he actually got compliments from his peers at school. Does that make them gay, queer, homo? Of course not. That makes them respectable boys who will grow up to be respectable young men.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that children are learning to separate colors and toys based on genders, via their parents. Gina is showing her kids that things aren't supposed to meant for one gender, and another for the other gender. She's showing them to think as everybody as equal. Gina's daughter, Jolene, had a dinosaur birthday party. She had the balloons, a dino cake, and plenty girl and boy friends over. Does that make her a 'boy?" Of course not! She was running around the house, chasing people with a pirate sword, in a pink, fluffy tutu.

Nowadays, there are boy colors, and girl toys. I remember once in pre-k, when my friend Caitlyn asked me to draw a picture of a rainbow for her, in only girl colors. I remember thinking girl colors? Got it. Red, pink, purple, orange, yellow, etc (true story). I gave her my finished picture, and she made a face, saying it had green on it (my favorite color since forever), which was a boy color. I remember thinking, what? Boy color? But I like it! And that's just what I told her. She said that if I liked the color green, I was a boy. So I immediately moved onto red, but green is still my thing.

See what I mean? Four year olds are already leaning "Hot Wheels are for boys. Barbies are for girls." When I was young, I was a Hot Wheel fanatic (another true story). I had the cars and everything. Does that make me a boy? Last time I checked, no. Still have all the girl parts! Does that make like girls? No.

Just the other day, I saw the commercial for some product, where (and I'm sure you've seen this commercial- it only played a thousand times a day) the mother was sitting on I think a pink couch, watching her daughter play with blocks, building a car wash, wearing camouflage clothing. The mother asked if she was building another car wash, her daughter replied yes. The mother replied "Oh," with a face saying 'Great, she doesn't like pink, doesn't like dolls. What am I going to do?' You know what Gina would've done? Congratulated her daughter, saying that was a beautiful car wash. And I would've done the same, if that were my daughter (not saying I have any kids, of course).

Of course, people argue that their children liking toys meant for the opposite sex are turning them to the 'gay side.' This doesn't necessarily mean that they'll turn out gay. If they do, that's their decision, not yours. Yes, children get influenced by the parents with just about everything, but hormones? Parents can't exactly control that, and they're most definitely not the cause.

Like I said, I was Hot Wheels and 'boy colors' than Barbies and the colors pink and purple. Ever since I was kid, I would choose cars or dolls anyday, and that's still how it is today? Did my mother push me to do that? No. She would've gladly put me in a tutu and tell me to twirl and do my hair if I asked her to. I'm still this way today, all tomboy-ish and everything. I've gotten comments in school saying I need to act more like a girl. I tell them they need to act more like a respectable person and get their noses out of my business. I pick jerseys over "halter tops" (whatever those are) and jeans over a skirt. Sneakers or heels? I think you'd know my answer. Sports over make overs? Sports all day! And heck, I think I turned out just fine, if I say so myself. I have a picture of me when I was a kid with a basketball jersey on and a basketball, but in a 'girly' pose.

I guess that's why I respect Gina, a lot. Since I kind of experience the whole "Boys do this, girls do that" sort of thing. Would I do what Gina does if I ever have kids? Not sure. But just remember, there are no girl toys, no boy colors, just a kid with a world to explore.

Latest articles